Sunday, March 13, 2016

The days following her birth...

Saturday afternoon the boys came to see baby sister.  It was so sweet and my heart just wanted to burst.  Andrew walked right up to her and said, “Hi Hannah!  I’m your big brother Andrew.  I love you!”  Tyson said, “I can’t get enough of her!”  Jeffrey was smiling and a little confused but you could tell he was happy.  They all wanted to hold her right then!

The recovery in the hospital was the best out of all my babies.  Tyson's was hard because I had no idea what to expect or what to do.  Andrew's delivery was okay but the next day was so incredibly hard.  Jeffrey's was bad during the delivery and hours after.  Hannah's was okay during surgery and the next day was incredible.  I hardly felt anything. I had one really hard day on Sunday but other than that I was surprised how well I was doing, and I attribute that to the right amounts of pain medication. Go figure, with my last baby we finally figured out the right dose of pain medication.

Most of the other days were a blur.  Sleep deprivation, a major surgery and pain meds that basically make me pass out without warning were how my days went.  My heart was overjoyed but my body was exhausted.  One of the last nights they always weigh the baby.  Since I'm there for so long the nurses push to be fed by a bottle to get the weight back up to discharge us.  I refused and pumped whatever I could.  It is a dilemma that happens every time and makes me so upset.  If I had a normal delivery no one would know about the weight loss.  Anyway, I got through it.  I loved this hospital because I could order whatever I wanted for my meals and snacks.  Orem didn't allow me to do that so I really looked forward to meals.




















































































0 comments: