Monday, March 7, 2016

Carlsen Reunion Part II

The first full day at the cabin in Old La Sal (near Moab) was spent doing crafts, riding the rental, playing games and swimming in the pond.  

We saw a deer the first morning on the property.


Grandma Carlsen getting everything ready for the guessing game.


The kids were anxious to find out if they won.  The adults took guesses too.


I 'helped' Andrew guess and he won the peanut m&ms.  He was kind of upset he didn't win the gumballs.



I remember being super close to one but Dave barely beat me.  He let me have it anyway.  


Bracelets with Grandma


Aunt Wendy and Grandpa did the leather bracelets.  Tyson loved it.




Teenagers with their devices.  It was actually nice because the wifi was VERY limited.  Everyone wasn't on their phones the whole time.





Bingo!



Swimming in the pond.  Okay, I don't really want to remember this incident but I feel like it is important for me to because of the seriousness of it and how much it has helped me really appreciate Andrew, especially on his hard days.  Since the boys had just taken swim lessons and they did relatively well I didn't worry about putting them into their floates.  Carlos also walked into the pond and said it wasn't very deep.  I remember watching Andrew play around and then I started to see him jumping up and down in the water by the little boat and the boat was kind of far out.  I thought it was weird he was doing that and I even yelled out to him to come back.  Then it hit me, he couldn't touch!  His little head was barely coming up to the surface and his arms were flying around.  I yelled out "Get him!  Andrew, help him!"  In my mind I can still see the panic on his face.  It is an image that hasn't left me yet. Carlos ran in after him and grabbed him and at that point Andrew had been under the water for at least 8-10 seconds.  I was panicked and crying.  I was so relieved he was okay but I was sobbing and I held on to him and hugged him with everything I had.  What if I hadn't been watching him?  What if he had drowned?  My body froze so why didn't I run out there?  I've always been cautious with my kids around water and this has made me even more careful.  I don't want to scare them because of my fear for them.  I really need to make sure they can swim. 





The brothers playing Boci ball.






Dave rented this really fun ATV car and let everyone take turns that wanted to ride.  Tyson and Sean went with Brian.




There was a cute tire swing that looked like a horse.  Andrew loved it.





Zach and Andrew went together with Brian as well.  I wasn't up for a ride.








0 comments: