It took some getting use to being home and in pain but I'm so grateful that Brian was able to use the time off of work and be home. That was incredible. I don't remember a ton, for obvious reasons, but he took care of every meal, every child's need (except I was in charge of Hannah of course) let me sleep, I couldn't have done it without him. I had been so worried about bringing her home since my mother wasn't living with us for the 6 weeks after baby like she did with the other three (and she actually ended up in the hospital for a few days after my dad left with pneumonia and bronchitis). It is a really good thing she wasn't living here with us and a brand new baby that sick.
The night home from the hospital was terrible. She wouldn't sleep anytime I put her down. I remember crying and crying and around 3 am I came in the room and Brian took her and held her the rest of the night in the rocking chair so I could get some sleep. Andrew did this same thing the first night home. So I pumped for about a minute or two and then had Hannah latch on, just like what I did with Andrew. We did that for a few days and ever since then she's done great with waking up every 3-4 hours to eat. Much better than every hour.
My view rocking her to sleep.
I think Jeffrey started to realize he wasn't the 'baby' anymore. Whenever Jeffrey sees a baby on the TV he yells "Hannah!" Jeffrey love to say "NO!" and hates that I force him to take a nap. When I sing around the house he gets mad and tells me to "dop it!" for "Stop it!" He keeps us laughing most days though.
One of my favorite things to do is to feed Hannah in the morning and then let her drift off to sleep next to me while I pump the rest. She is always so comfy cuddled up to me and I love it.
The photos I took during her newborn photoshoot
Hannah was born with some blonde streaks in her hair! I am obsessed with them!
I think this was our first car ride all together as a family of 6. I believe this was we took Hannah to a one week appointment to check on her weight. Everything looked good.
The boys holding up Hannah's sign that was in the yard.
The boys figure they need to be by Hannah all the time and push the swing for her even though I showed them that it wasn't necessary. They didn't really listen so then I just expressed the importance of being soft.






























0 comments:
Post a Comment