Saturday morning was the day we spent the time at Arches National Park. I'm so glad we picked Saturday. The weather ended up being great. Warm but not too hot. It was practically impossible to stay together with everyone and so we split up according to hiking ability. With me being pregnant and then obviously little kids we stuck with seeing just a few things.
Rob unfortunately had to stay behind because he got sick in the middle of the night. We actually got woken up around 6am to the power at the cabin going out. And since the toilets run on electricity, we couldn't flush toilets! We had to use garbage cans to fill with water from the pond and force them to flush. Brian, Aaron and Terry hopped in the van to try to call the people who own the rental. They couldn't get a hold of them but they stopped at the one and only store (and I mean really small) and the local said that the power goes out frequently and there is no way to know when it was going to come back on. We had a late start leaving for the park but regardless we really lucked out and picked the right day to be out of the cabin. By the time we made it back the electricity had come back on. We were all very, very grateful.
First up: Balancing Rock
Double Arches!
The kids had no fear and climbed as high as they could. I'm so grateful for Jaden as she helped and kept an eye on Andrew for us.
This giant group of people sat right where the best paths were to climb up. It was quite annoying. I actually just climbed through them because I didn't care. I didn't go too far but high enough.
Then we ate lunch in car and the last place was to see Delicate Arch from the looking point.
On the way out of the park Brian stopped and he got a collector's coin. We also stopped on main street to look at souvenirs. All of us got a t-shirt and Andrew also got a small little army set. We meet up and also stopped at an ice cream joint for a treat. It was a long day and it was exhausting but it was great!

































0 comments:
Post a Comment