Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Saying Goodbye and Rocks

Yesterday we said good-bye to my parents as they headed to Houston for a meeting and then on to Belgium.  I still can’t believe my parents live there.  I don’t think it will become real to me until we get to go and visit :)

Here’s a cute picture of my dad and the kids before we left for the airport.  I wish we had gotten a picture with the kids and grandparents though.  We love you both and thank you for everything!!!

Andrew didn’t understand what was going to happen after the airport.  He was super cranky last night and Brian and I think it was because he really missed the extra attention from them!IMG_3029 IMG_3030

I also want to make note of something incredibly awesome that Tyson did yesterday.  He was very well-behaved most of the day and then after dinner while I was doing the dishes I asked him to pick up his toys.  He usually whines and cries and asks for help and says, “I can’t do it!”  He got right to work this time.  Within a few minutes he was done with the toys but it continued!  Brian and I watched as he picked up pillows and put them on the couch, straightened the shoes by the door and picked up garage and threw it away.  We were just amazed.  We praised him like crazy and I let him put 3 rocks in the jar.  Go Tyson!

The jar thing is something I started August 14th.  Good behavior warrants a rock in the jar and bad behavior means a rock gets taken out.  We try to give extras when he is good and I try to only take a rock out if he is mean to his brother or talks back to me.

rock in jar

Today is September 19th and look how he is getting close!  He is more than half way full now.  SO proud.

rocks in jar

1 comments:

Tran said...

What do you do when the rock is all filled up? I pinned something like this on Pinterest and want to try it with Sydney. I swear her behavior gets worse as she gets older. I am just hoping it's only exhaustion by end of day cause she doesn't take a nap.