Remember that awfully depressing post about a month ago? Well, I’m doing better. I’ve accepted that my life is eating healthy and that waking up at 6:30am to exercise is something I need to do. I use to think I could never wake up early to exercise but I actually like it better now (or at least start to like it 15 minutes in). It feels empowering to have gotten up, showered, and eaten all before 8am. It’s very rewarding! I’ve also been counting-ish calories. I started a challenge group that my friend Mindy is in charge of and it makes me report in everyday. That has been helpful to be accountable to others. I also started an 8 week challenge with some neighbors 2 weeks ago. Those rules are as follows:
1) Exercise for at least 45 minutes a day, 6 days a week. I use to only do 30-35 minutes and only 5 times a week but those extra 10 minutes and day make me feel like I am burning the fat off!
2) Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. This has drastically changed my mood for the better and I love it!
3) Drink at least 64 oz of water a day. Easy.
4) No sugar or white flours. Sugar is a weakness of mine but I knew I could do this from doing a challenge similar to this at the beginning of the year. I feel like I have more energy and sugar actually makes me feel sick.
5) No soda, fast food or junk food.
6) Eat at least 2 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit a day. Yum!
7) No eating past 8pm.
8) Write in your journal everyday. Why do you think you’ve seen me blog so much lately? ;)
9) Read at least 15 minutes a day of scriptures or uplifting material. This has been so good for me.
10) Complete a random act of kindness or service everyday. This has been the hardest. I now try to have eyes to help anyone I see in need. What a change in my perspective.
I get to have one free day where I can break all of the above rules.
Since I have been feeling so confident with myself I thought I would finally try a pair of skinny jeans. I have always wanted a pair but just felt like I couldn’t pull it off. I was ashamed of my derriere and how it wasn’t small enough, or my thighs, etc. Well, my view of myself has shifted. I have lost only 3 pounds the last 5 weeks but I have gained muscle tone, confidence in who I am, and a new pair of skinny jeans.
Excuse the incredibly ghetto picture of me on the edge of the bathtub! Hahaha!
It’s not about how much I weigh anymore. It’s about how I feel. Do I feel stronger? Do I feel happier? Do I feel healthier? Yes! :)

2 comments:
Good for you ash! I'm proud of you! It feels good to work out every morning huh? Now you know why I've been slightly addicted for so long:) you are doing awesome!
haha! guess what? i don't have a full length mirror in my house and i stand on my tub on almost a daily basis!! so when i saw your pic i started laughing because that is so me!
Post a Comment