We had such a fun and fabulous time at the McCage’s cabin. We met there around 2:30 on Saturday because Brian had school and a test until 1:15. With in 20 minutes of getting there Chelsie and Scott took us to see the horses and go for a ride. I was pretty nervous but really excited. I got to ride BJ as my very first horse, ever. Can you see the excitement and nervousness on my face?
They gave me instructions on how to stop, turn and get the horse going. Perhaps the most memorable was to not let BJ know I was nervous or scared. They told me he would sense it. Oh boy! The view was spectacular while riding. Just breathtaking. Scott lead the pack with a very feisty Sienna, Brian followed with Flint, me and BJ and then Nikki on Bella. Half way through the ride BJ got irritated with being slow behind Flynn so he took of right around him in a trot and I held on tight. Quite a few times he would take off to try to catch Sienna and I kept pulling the reigns up to make him slow down. It was so fun though. I kept giggling through it :) Thanks Chelsie for watching the boys while we rode your horses!!
We had a fire going where we roasted hot dogs and corn on the cob. Andrew was being stubborn and only eating chips and s’mores. Ty was excited to play in the sand box and help dad with the hot dogs.
Chris and Sophie
Brylie enjoying her marshmallow
We stayed up late playing a game and laughing and eating lots of skittles and peanut M&M’s. What a great day to have a free day for sugar!!! I ate so much I felt sick ;)
On Sunday the boys went shooting and the girls and kids headed to the river.
Andrew would not stop eating the sand. I think I knocked his handful of sand away from his mouth at least 20 times. Sick.
Ty was so busy running around through rocks in the river this is the only picture I got that wasn’t blurry.
Thanks again McCages for inviting us. We had a fabulous time with you and the Davis family!

0 comments:
Post a Comment