***I’m sorry if you have no interest in this but I have decided to actually turn my blog into a journal for our family so I really want to remember this***
I had been putting it off for quite awhile. I didn’t want to do it pregnant and feeling crappy, and then I’d heard if I do it too close to when Andrew is born he’ll regress back to accidents, etc. and I just didn’t think he seemed ready, at all. But I think I was wrong! My friend Erin started to potty train her 28 month old boy last week and he was doing great so I thought about how Ty is 3 and if Wes could do it than hopefully Ty could. I was planning on doing it next month but just decided to give it a shot and get it over with. Don’t even begin to ask me my system because in the course of a day I changed my game plan around 4 times. Let’s just say the system consisted of lots of jelly beans, stickers and Thomas the Train. The only thing I was consistent about and wouldn’t budge on was that I wouldn’t let him get into a diaper. I told him those were gone, period. He cried a few times through out the day about it but he understands now. The day started off with 4 accidents. And each time he profusely apologized. I couldn’t get mad at that at all. He was so sincere and sorry about it. Then we had 4 successes!!!! He did have an issue with poop that ended up in an accident. Even though the poop was an accident he seriously was so close to it not being. I laid him down for his nap and 2 minutes later he comes out yelling that he has to go poop. He sat on the potty for about 4 minutes and nothing came. So he said he was done. I took him back to his room and 2 minutes later he came out yelling again but it was too late. I was just proud of him for realizing the feeling and being close. Anyway, it is day number 2 and he’s already had 1 success and he did it all by himself. I’m a proud mommy right now. I would have done this 6 months ago if I had known how good he’d do!
I’ll spare you the picture of him sitting on the potty but I have a picture of him helping color his Thomas sticker chart and flexing his muscles at the end of (what I believe to be) a successful day!
Oh and yesterday Andrew woke up with crusty crap in his eye. I was like oh gosh, please don’t be pink eye. I can’t handle it today. I don’t think it is but I still called the pediatrician and got drops just in case. They said it is probably a plugged tear duct but regardless they would treat it the same way. Worrying about Tyson and the potty was enough and I couldn’t believe I had to think about Andrew’s eye as well.

2 comments:
I'm so excited for you!! Can little kids in underwear get any cuter!? :)
Yay for you and Ty! I love his chart too by the way
Post a Comment