Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday Weekend Part II

On Saturday morning Brian let Tyson open a present from us.  He was suppose to wait until his birthday party but he was too anxious, yeah, it was Brian that was too anxious!  When I woke up Brian had built Tyson a Thomas the train track that covered almost our entire living room floor.  I should have taken a picture.  It was impressive! 

IMG_0312

IMG_0314_edited-1 

Saturday afternoon we had Tyson’s birthday party!  It was of course a Thomas the Train party.  Tyson went with me to pick up the supplies on Monday and hadn’t stopped talking about it.  He was soooo excited for his Thomas party!  Here are some of the decorations.

IMG_0317

IMG_0318 

Tyson getting sung to and eating his “Thomas” cupcake.  I’m so glad that he just accepted the cupcakes as “Thomas” ones.   I am no artist and those were the best I could do.

IMG_0320

IMG_0323 IMG_0326

Here he is opening some of his presents!  He got some very thoughtful and awesome gifts.  He got 2 games, a sleeping bag, a play tent, a scooter, a Thomas the train flashlight, and a Thomas the Train backpack which included Play-dough and a surprise truck ; ) Thanks everyone!

IMG_0333 IMG_0334 IMG_0335

IMG_0340 

IMG_0344

(I was joking with my sister in law about how we always take pictures in front of this fireplace.  We live in a condo and so any party that we have we have at the clubhouse.  It is super nice.  So no, this is not our house and not our amazingly, beautiful fireplace.)

Happy Birthday Tyson!  We can’t believe you are already 3.  You’ve learned so much this past year and we look forward to helping you grow even more this year.  You say the funniest things now-a-days and you certainly keep us on our toes!  We love you Ty Ty. (I swore I would never use a nick name like that for you but I couldn’t help myself!)

IMG_0341

IMG_0342

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I think the cupcakes are adorable, and the party looked awesome!! Ty is so precious - I miss you guys :'(

Heather said...

he is so big and so smart now! It was fun seeing him on his birthday and how he was so great with all the other kids trying to take his birthday presents! We love TYSON!