I took both kiddos to the Dr. yesterday for Ty’s 3 year and Andrew’s 2 month well visits. It honestly turned out to be not so bad! In fact, it was completely manageable. I did have to wait for about 15 minutes but honestly, it was so nice to have one right after the other. *sigh* Let’s start with Andrew because the Dr. started with him first yesterday :)
*Andrew*
Length: 22 1/4 inches—50%
Weight: 10 lbs 3 oz—25%
Head Circumference: 39 cm—50%
He is growing at a rapid pace, as most babies do at this age. He is a healthy boy that is 10 lbs! For someone who gave his mommy such a scare with losing more than 10% of his body weight in the beginning has certainly come a long way. I reviewed Tyson’s status with Andrew’s when he was 2 months and they aren’t identical but pretty close.
Andrew has started to coo and make the cutest little baby sounds in the world. He does it in the afternoon after he eats and then also at night before bedtime. So fun! Brian and I both find ourselves saying to the other, “Hurry! Hurry! He’s smiling! Get over here!!!” Even though we have seen him do it a hundred times already, we still come running.
All of the baby acne that I thought Andrew had has turned out to be eczema. I think it was baby acne at first but the last week or so it just exploded to the point that I thought it was something else but was in denial. Well, now I feel awful that I made my little guy be so uncomfortable. The Dr. told me it should clear up in about a week with Hydro Cortisone 1% cream morning and night and then to use the Aquafor lotion as well. What I am hearing from everyone is that the key is to get rid of it and then manage it and keep on top of it. I’m wondering why he has it because no one in our family on either side has it. I do have sensitive skin but not THAT sensitive. So anyone with tips because their baby had it or still does have it, let me hear it. I’ll do anything to help him so much that I wish I could have it and take it away from him : (
He is still sleeping like a champ from about midnight until 7, hit or miss by an hour or so on either side. He takes an awesome nap in the morning and not so great naps in the afternoon and then takes another great one in the evening. He had quite a bit of congestion last week and he woke me up because he was choking one night. I worried about him so I stuck him to sleep in his bouncy chair. Hopefully I can get him to sleep just has well on his back again. I’m hoping by doing that the whole cry it out fiasco won’t be as bad. It was B-A-D with Tyson and I only have myself to blame for that one.
He did alright with his shots. He cried for awhile but that also had to do with the fact that he was hungry and tired. Not the greatest combo but he was a trooper nonetheless and I’m pretty sure he still loves me because he smiled and “talked” to me last night.
Here is the adorable Mister Andrew just a-smilin’-away on his 2 month old Birthday! He doesn’t look all that different from his 6 week pictures. However, he has mastered the art of smiling since then!
Here is a picture of him smiling after I put the “medicine” on his face this morning : ( My goodness, he is so cute even with all that redness!
*Tyson*
Weight: 35.2 lbs—75%
Height: 38 inches—50%
The words right out of the Dr.’s mouth were, “His weight has finally caught up with his height.” Yeah, I’ll say! He’s such an awesome eater and rarely refuses to eat something so I wasn’t too surprised. I asked the Dr. about whether he should still be taking naps. He said if he is, let him but try not to rub it in your friends faces. He says the nap should drop off soon but to enjoy it while it lasts. He didn’t have to tell me any of that twice! I also asked about potty training and he said really just wait until he appears completely interested. I told him sometimes he is and sometimes he isn’t. He said then give it a shot but to not push him because it is a battle I will not win. Okay, Ty, after my dad leaves we’re starting to potty train. Fingers are crossed that you will be ready and you won’t fight me. Trains, stickers, charts, and jelly beans are my weapons of choice…what are yours?!
Tyson says some adorable/funny things lately. Here are some examples:
*One afternoon he said to me, “We’re family mom!” I was beaming with pride because he understands the concept of a family and then he slightly burst my bubble by continuing on and saying, “and Thomas (the train) too!” Yeah, he should be apart of this family. He is everywhere I turn! : )
*Two nights in a row Tyson woke up in the middle of the night, once at 3 am and the other at 12:30 am. Both times he says to me, “I think it’s too early to play outside.” Yeah, ya think?!
He has let me sleep in for a few days now and it makes me want to give him the biggest hugs and kisses. What kid wakes their mom up to get them breakfast at like 7 and then lets her go back to sleep with his little brother until 8:30?! When that happens I make sure to tell him Thank you and then I call him my angel.
He did good with his shots too. I was a mess though when he got his. Okay, seriously, it only gets worse as they get older guys. He is at that age where he vocalized, “Ouch! Mommy, that hurt” through gigantic tears and gasping for his breath whilst screaming. I blurted out so fast, “Do you want to go to the store and get a Thomas coloring book?” Then it hit me. I completely and totally understand now why my own mother would let us go get ice cream or pick out a small toy after getting our shots. It was awful. He forgave me though because he got a sucker and than we picked out a coloring book, but still.
Here he is after a bath this morning letting me know that he is now 3!
I also went to the store all by myself yesterday with the kids for the first time. Wasn’t too bad other than the fact that I FELT like I had just burned 500 calories. Sweatin’ and everything. It’s shame it really wasn’t 500 calories. ; )

4 comments:
Ashley, I have eczema too and I use Cethapil morning and night. You want to make sure you smother it on him and make sure that you use it whenever he has a dry red patch right away. I carry a small tube with me in my purse for such times. It isn't fun, but it is very manageable. Plus, don't bathe him everyday. When they are babies, it is worse and water just drys it out so bathe him only twice a week until it clears up. Tyson is so cute! He is so smart and insightful! Way to go Tyson for letting your mommy sleep. He really is an angel!
k - I'm glad I'm not the only one with a toddler that wakes them up in the middle of the night...I mean seriously?!? It's supposed to be the babies that wake us up! Your boys are precious and you're an amazing mom:)
I love it too when I can take both kids to the doc on the same day.. It's convenient and you don't have to go twice.. My little niece has eczema when she was a baby, 4 yrs later her skin is flawless... You just have to take care of it and it will go away.. As for potty training it's always hard cause you don't want to push them.. I just let Sydney tell me when she was ready and she did it by telling us she needed to go pee for 3 days straight on and off. That was sign for me.. I basically encouraged her by having her help me throw away all her diapers in a trash bag. You need to get the kids excited about it and tell them that they will now be wearing big girl/boy underwear.. Don't ask him if he needs to go pee pee but ask him to tell you when he needs to go. Kids have to learn to read their own bodies and be able to tell you when they have to go or go themselves. Anyway that's what I learned from my reading so I applied it and it worked.. She's been potty trained since then. Good luck with it..
You are in the full swing of motherhood aren't you?!?! :) I love the picture on your header.
So the potty training book is "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day" and I think it was written in the 70's or maybe early 80's. I first got it at my library in Milwaukee, but then the library here in Indiana didn't have it so I just bought it for $7 on Amazon. Good luck!!
Post a Comment