Friday, April 29, 2011

Buddies

My dad and two boys all became best buddies in a matter of days!  My dad wouldn’t put Andrew down the last day and he entertained Tyson all day long.  I’m pretty sure his trip down here was about seeing the grandkids but I like to think he was here for me too!  I was super sad to take him to the airport yesterday.  He’s hard to get a hold of on the phone because he works so much and because of the time difference in Qatar so it was nice to be able to chat all day long.  We miss him already.  Andrew was crying a ton yesterday (perhaps he knew something was up?) and Tyson kept asking where Grandpa went…at least my parents should be moving back to the states in a few months. 

Yesterday we were making a quick trip to Costco and Tyson noticed a real train on the tracks.  If it had just been me I would have said,”Wow, that’s neat” and drivin’ over there so he could get a look at it.  Well, my dad got out of the car and took him right up close to see it.  Ty was in heaven.  Well we went to lunch and actually saw the train move and Tyson got really sad.  My dad said he’d try to follow it.  We quickly finished our lunch and hopped back into the car.  Bless my dad, he drove through town following those tracks to try to find that train.  We ended up finding it near Wal-Mart and Tyson was sooooo happy.  What a great Grandpa.  I wouldn’t have ever tried to follow it even though Tyson was begging.  I think I should go with the swing of things a bit more often like my dad :)

Tyson’s eyes were glued to the train.  Getting him to look at the camera just wasn’t gonna happen ; )

DSCN0621_edited-1

And here are the boys with Grandpa before we left to take him to the airport!

IMG_8078_edited-1

Thanks for coming to visit dad and we all can’t wait to see you and mom again!

2 comments:

KMurray said...

Go grandpa!

Heather said...

That is so awesome! How fun! I just that you dad was so willing to play and just go with it, sometimes grandparents can teach a thing or too eh?