Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Children’s Museum

Brian and I took the boys to the children’s museum on his day off last week.  Yeah, we went last week during Spring Break.  What in the world were we thinking?  Apparently we weren’t thinking at all!  Though it was super packed with obnoxious older kids that were playing in the little kid areas it was still fun to see Ty play and discover everything.  He loved the helicopter, the area with the cranes, the building blocks, filling up the car with gas and the tubes and ball section at the beginning.  He is certainly a boy, through and through.  It was interesting seeing him interact with other kids.  He mostly was off doing his own thing not really paying kids much attention.  The crane area was different though.  He would load up the crane and then a kid would wheel the crane up.  It was cute seeing him work together with other kids and was actually being nice.  It was a nice afternoon and we were all exhausted by the end of the day. 

 DSCN0619 DSCN0599DSCN0617 DSCN0601DSCN0604DSCN0605   DSCN0614DSCN0615DSCN0612 DSCN0611    

Random story:  I hope no one hates me for sharing this but I thought it was ridiculous and sorry if I offend anyone.  There was a lady breastfeeding in the middle of the older kids play area.  I have no issues with breastfeeding in public because I do it myself, but she wasn’t covered up at all and she was very well endowed.  It was unbelievable to me.  Even if she did it not covered but was discreetly in the corner I wouldn’t have really thought too much of it but she was DEAD CENTER in the middle of the room.  Even if you weren’t in the room and you walked by looking into the room you would have totally seen her.  When Brian walked by you should have seen his face.  He asked me, “Is that what I think it is?!” and I was like “uh, yeah.”  Pretty sure some people complained because a worker went over and spoke with her.  I really don’t understand the women that think that is okay.  Yes it is a natural thing and it is great for the baby, yada, yada but come on.  No one needs to see your boob.  I mean seriously, how hard is it to throw a blanket over your shoulder.  Your baby isn’t going to be traumatized for not looking at you for 15 minutes.  I mean seriously there were 10-12 year old boys running around.  That’s just NOT okay. 

3 comments:

katy said...

This is definitely one of the hottest issues around, and I completely agree with you. Nothing wrong with nursing your baby -- but a little modesty never hurt anyone. Personally, I was never comfortable nursing in public, so I just scheduled my errands around James' feeds. The only time I ever got caught out and about when he needed to eat, I quickly ducked into a dressing room for a little peace and quiet (and privacy)!! But that's just me....

Heather said...

hahah, Ashley you crack me up. I love how honest you are, "no one wants to see your boob." That made me crack up laughing so hard. You are hilarious. It looks like a fun place to go to? Where is it exactly, I have never heard of it. Also, we need to hang out, and soon!

Unknown said...

I think it's ok. :) NOone needs to look, even if it is obvious. It's legal in US to breastfeed in public. And , sorry, but UT REALLY focuses a lot of what there should NOT be :) If you think this is a big deal, check out Europe. :) There is no such thing as covered up breastfeeding, and you see a whole lot then just a boob.
Bottom line - I personally don't care who does what, and if it was me , needing to sit there, and needing to feed the baby, I'd probably do it too. And I feel sorry for the worker that talked to her... Obviously, the woman was confident enough to feed the babe, and , even more so - I'm sure she KNOWS what she's able to do. I'm having a feeling that worker got chewed out, or the manager did. Legally, they have zero right to say anything to her. :)