Saturday, January 16, 2016

ITS A GIRL


I will never forget the day I found out that Hannah was coming.  I'd been so nervous to find out the gender.  I didn't want to be disappointed if I was pregnant with another boy.  I love my 3 boys with all of my heart but I just kept thinking about my experience in the temple almost 10 years earlier about how we were going to have a baby girl and her name was Hannah.  I tried to keep up the faith and since this pregnancy was very different and I was so sick throwing up all the time, I thought it was her but I didn't want to be hopeful.

We weren't planning on finding out early.  I was too scared to.  I figured the longer I didn't know, the better.  But one day I was out shopping with my mom, and Emily and her kids and of course my two that didn't have school.  We were eating lunch at Johnny Rockets and my mom and Emily convinced me to find out...that day.  They told me it would just be better to find out and get it over with and just know.  I agreed and my mom called and set up the appointment for around 4 pm and I was 15 weeks along.  Brian met us at the ultrasound place but he was so skeptical.  (Background: we went to the mall when I was pregnant with Tyson to find out early the gender and we were told it was a girl.  I remember barely being able to see a baby during the ultrasound and the machines were terrible but still.)  Brian went in the room with me and everyone stayed in the office waiting area.  We had some small chat with the tech and told her our past experience.  She promised she wouldn't guess at all.  She would only tell us if she was 100% positive of the gender.  I was shaking so bad, I remember my face felt so red and hot and I was beyond nervous.  It only took her maybe 2 minutes to find the baby and the body parts and said, "If you want to surprise your family then don't yell out.  They will be able to hear you through the wall."  "It's a girl."  I lost it.  I completely lost and started crying.  Brian even got a little teary-eyed (he did tell me later that he just couldn't believe it until he saw at the 20 week appointment.  He didn't want me to get my hopes up.)  I walked out and blurted to my mom the news.  She started crying and hugging me and said, "Wasn't all that sickness worth it?"  Yes, absolutely it was.   They gave me a little carnation that was turning pink, a picture and my mother bought the pink tutu and ballerina socks that instant.




It was fun to announce to everyone.  I boxed up the tutu and socks for Wilma to open while a lot of Brian's family was in town.  I face timed my dad and held up the tutu for him to see and I posted a picture on social media for everyone else.  

0 comments: