We were going to be getting our backyard sprinklers and grass put in and Brian and I agreed that the very top was just too slanted. We were unsure about putting grass up their for cutting and watering purposes. We went to Lowes and ended up buying a TON of small retaining blocks and Brian built the wall himself. We had some help from Carlos and Chris Rose to move all the blocks from the street to the backyard one Saturday. Brian did an amazing job and it looks so good. I'm so glad we decided to add the small wall. One day we will add bushes and shrubs to finish the look.
And then the sprinklers and grass got put in. I'm so glad we hired out. With me being pregnant there was no way I could help Brian do it and Brian was so busy with work and his calling I'm pretty sure it would have taken every Saturday for 3 months. It took I think a day and a half to trench and then lay the pipes for the sprinklers. Then they did the grass which they ran out of. They didn't order enough grass. I'm pretty sure they had to eat a bunch of the cost for their mistake. Do I think we probably could have hired a better company? Yes, absolutely but in the end we are content and glad.
Andrew watched the men work from the windows and when they left for the day after the first day he HAD to go outside and dig too. He played in the trenches for a bit until it started to rain. He looks like he has a cigarette in his mouth but it is a sucker. So hilarious and probably fitting for the situation. Andy in his pjs, rainboots, hoddie, shovel and sucker. Love that kid.




















0 comments:
Post a Comment