Monday, August 27, 2012

Trafalga and Soccer

This past week we went to Trafalga on Brian’s day off.  But before we got to play we went to the UVU campus to buy Brian’s school books.  Why are college textbooks so expensive?  Isn’t tuition enough money?  I guess not.  I almost had a heart attack when they were trying to charge Brian over $300 for a used text book.  Turns out it rang up as new but it was in fact used.  Duh.  I really embarrassed Brian but we paid a little over $200 for it.  Still super lame.

Anyway, Trafalga was really fun.  We did most of the outdoor activities.  I figured those would close down soon and all we would get to do would be the inside stuff in the winter.

He loved the dropping ride so much that he did it twice.

 DSCN2527_edited-1 DSCN2528_edited-1

He also rode the pirate ship twice.

DSCN2529 

Andrew was a good boy and ate all of his snacks in his stroller :)

DSCN2531 

Tyson said he didn’t want to ride with me because he already went with dad.  I told him that was fine but I was riding by myself then.  After 15 seconds he decided to go with me.

DSCN2534_edited-1DSCN2538 

He really thought he was flying this plane and shooting the gun.  He was serious business because I couldn’t get him to look at my camera but for split seconds.

DSCN2540

DSCN2546

On Friday me and the kids drove to Payson to can some peaches.  My mother in law is amazing.  She pretty much did it all for me and I walked away with 24 bottles of peaches.  The kids made it a little difficult to help but it was nice to spend the day with Ray and Wilma.

On Saturday Tyson had his soccer game.  He was awesome!  He got right in there and tried to kick that ball.  I told him that every time he kicked the ball I would give him a rock to put in his behavior jar.  (it’s a new thing we started about 2 weeks ago to try to praise him for good behavior and make it an easy was to see a negative consequence when he has done something wrong). I am not about bribery!  It worked.  He also scored his very first goal!!!!  I was so proud of him.  Brian had school so he missed it all :(  This was the first game where I could see he was really trying to get in there and play. 

 DSCN2552 DSCN2555 DSCN2556

This is him trying to kick the ball in, accidently stepping on the ball and falling down.  It was a really bizarre fall and I thought maybe he had twisted something but he was fine.  Just embarrassed and mad. 

DSCN2557_edited-1

His GOOOAAALLLL!!!!

DSCN2558_edited-1DSCN2561 DSCN2560

This past week I started teaching ballet again.  The classes were great and the kids were well behaved.  I hope that keeps up!  Sometimes I have a hard time getting myself out the door to teach but once I am there I really do enjoy it and consider it my ‘me’ time.

And thank you for the kind and loving words from my post below.  I needed to hear all of it and to also hear that I am not alone in feeling the way I do.  Things are already looking up.  I enjoyed everything that I ate last week, woke up at 6:30 and exercised and I lost 2 lbs. On Saturday we went to Culvers for dinner and afterwards I felt sick, sick, sick.  Ew, greasy hamburger.  Eew.  And on Sunday I had brownies and ice cream.  Again, sick sick.  I think my decision to stay away from sugar but once a week is looking that much easier.

1 comments:

Mindy said...

You guys do such fun stuff!! Jealous! Just had to tell you that you're a rockstar, and you've always inspired me. You never give up.