Thursday, August 2, 2012

Unofficial Carlsen reunion

Brian’s brother, Rob, who has been in Portugal the last 2 years has moved to Ohio (where another brother, Dave, lives) and they made a trip to Utah to visit.  Another brother, Terry, also made the drive from Washington! We spent every possible moment we could with everyone from Sunday to Wednesday.  We would stay up late watching the Olympics and/or play games.  We would have the kids go to bed at Grandma’s house but drove home late most nights.  On Sunday we had a family dinner with almost everyone in Brian’s immediate family.  On Monday we went to the pool. Tuesday was bowling and ice cream and we spent the night. Wednesday was out to lunch for Chinese and Ty got to go see the movie Brave again.

The kids actually being kind to one another on the drive to Payson

DSCN2349

Playing with the cousins outside in Grandma and Grandpa’s backyard!

DSCN2352 DSCN2353 DSCN2354 DSCN2355 

Swimming at the Payson pool!

DSCN2358_edited-1 DSCN2359_edited-1

Andrew got a hold of the nacho cheese dip…

DSCN2362

Bowling on BYU campus!

DSCN2367 DSCN2373_edited-1

This picture makes me laugh.  I had no idea Brian was bowling to get the highest score of everyone.  The flash went off and I messed him up. He ended up tying for the highest score with his sister, Jenny, at 131.

DSCN2376

We walked to the BYU creamery but EFY had taken over the place so we went to the Malt Shoppe.  I have great memories of eating at this place as a sophomore in college.  I didn’t remember it being so nasty and dingy though.  Must have something to do with the fact that I have little children now and worry about that kind of thing.

\DSCN2377 DSCN2378 DSCN2380

Tyson ate almost his entire shake.  I am surprised he didn’t get a stomach ache.  He is definitely my child :)

DSCN2383 DSCN2384 DSCN2386 DSCN2387 DSCN2392

Quick trip to the store with cousin Zach!  These two were so cute to see walking around everywhere.

DSCN2395

2 comments:

Mike Murray said...

I think I heard that the Malt Shoppe has been under different ownership now. Maybe that's why.

Brad and Hailey said...

I'm pretty sure it was dingy back then too, but it didn't really matter to a bunch of college students :) It was funny because Brad and I drove past it the other day and had a similar thought ... great memories but we didn't really want to take our 3yr old in ... kind of funny :)