Sunday, August 12, 2012

All in a day

All in a day we went to Tyson’s soccer game, the Fidelity work party, bought a van and went to Seven Peaks!  What a day!

Tyson played great in his game.  He struggles a little bit with focus out on the field but he’s 4.  He is getting braver with getting into the pack and kicking the ball and yesterday he learned which goal to try to score in.  That’s an important skill!

After the game we went to the Fidelity work party.  The Brown’s were there too and it was much more fun having people to sit with and talk to.  Tyson and Wes played on the blow up slides for awhile and we stayed until the end of the party.  They had so much food left over that Brian started casually collecting bags of chips and drinks.  After Josh grabbed an 84 package of hot dogs, Brian and I grabbed packs of hot dog buns.  What do you think we are having for dinner tonight? :)  The party was fun and I’m glad we went this year and really glad we got to take home a bunch of free food.

On the drive home Brian wanted to swing by an auto dealership.  I obliged.  We had been looking for about a month just casually and had not been impressed by used vans at all.  Most were filthy and we started to wonder if used was the way to go.  But we needed to get a used one because of our budget for it.  I stayed in the car with sleeping Tyson while Brian looked around.  After about 10 minutes I came out to see what was taking so long.  I really assumed he would look and be back quickly.  He found this black 2009 Honda Odyssey and seemed really excited about it.  I wondered why because it was black with cream interior.  I thought it was so nasty.  However, it had all the bells and whistles of a pimped out Honda Odyssey and it was CLEAN.  Super rare out here.  Anyway, it had a little bit more miles then we had originally wanted but it had way more features than we thought we would find and be able to afford.  I took a test drive, then Brian did and the color grew on me more and more.  To make the story shorter, the van was ours less than 2 hours later.  It was owned by the Secret Service!  We hit home on the GPS and an address in Washington, D.C. appeared.  That explains the cleanliness factor.  Oh, we are so in love.  I am so happy that we had seen so many other vans and prices so we knew this was a good deal.  After Brian signed the papers another couple that was at the dealership called in to buy the van. It was ours!  Wahoo!!!

 

 DSCN2457 DSCN2458 DSCN2460

And to top off the crazy day, Tyson and I went on date to Seven Peaks with Wes and Erin Brown.  Tyson loves being a big boy and riding the big slides.  He has no fear sometimes.  He jumped right in my lap in the tube and shouted, Lets GO!  Thanks Erin for letting us tag along. 

DSCN2461DSCN2462

Sad that the park had closed and he didn’t get to ride the slide one more time.

DSCN2465DSCN2466

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh! I LOVE the new ride. If we could buy a new car tomorrow. It would be a Honda Odyssey. They are awesome. Congratulations on your purchase. :)

Ashley said...

How exciting to find a clean van!!! Our van is 12 years old and SO disgusting.