Monday, April 30, 2012

The Virus from you-know-where has returned

I am so mad about this virus.  Where did it come from?  Why does it keep hitting my baby?  What can I do about it? Why is this the 3rd time he has gotten it in less than a year???!!!  So furious.

DSCN1922 DSCN1919 DSCN1920

sick andy2 sick andy

DSCN1898

We are on day 9 and to say I am ready for Andrew to feel better is a huge understatement.  I am sooooo ready for him to STOP losing weight!  When I took him in to the Dr. on day 5 he had already lost around 2 pounds.  When I change his diaper I want to cry because I can see his rib cage.  When I pick him up he is limp.  His laughing and smiles have been replaced with the loudest screams that have ever come out of his mouth.  Don’t get me started on the vomit and how many loads of laundry I have done.   I went to the Dr. to make sure it wasn’t something else.  I mean why does this virus last so long?!  Is this normal?  Anyone else’s kids get this?  Our entire family never gets it, just Andy.  I asked the Dr. if he can live off of Pedialyte for 10 to 14 days (because I was already know how long this hell lasts).  She said he can live off of it for awhile.  The other times he had this he was on breast milk or formula so I feel like it is totally different this time.  

Please help us pray for our baby.

I don’t usually like to write such depressing posts but when I come back and read this when he is better it will make me appreciate our healthy kids even more. 

Tyson:  Thanks for being such a good big brother most of the last 8 days.  I am so sorry you have had to watch TV and play on the ipod for the majority of the day.  Thanks for helping me smile when I am sad, worried and depressed.  Thanks for being so independent.  Love you.

On Saturday we were planning to go to the BYU Men’s soccer game because our Pass of All Passes would make the game free.  I told Brian that he really should take Ty even though me and Andrew couldn’t go.  Brian said Ty loved it!!!  These pictures make me think that he didn’t do much watching of the game :)  But you can tell he is having a fabulous night out with his dad.

DSCN1917 DSCN1903 DSCN1906 DSCN1913

1 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, Ashley, I'm so sorry! This sounds absolutely awful. I hope the little man gets better soon. Let me know if I can help you with anything!