Monday, April 23, 2012

Food Storage

Brian is fabulous at a lot of things, but there is one thing that I am extremely grateful for his determination to excel at: food storage.  I skim the pantry and think Oh, I don’t need to buy diced tomatoes because we have 15 cans here.  Well 15 dinners later we’ve ran out and it’s my fault.  I don’t ever re-buy to replenish the storage.  Brian is helping me figure out a system so this stops happening.  What good is food storage when it is gone?  He was very happy that Macey’s had their case lot sale and we stalked back up on everything.  We went on a Monday night and turned it into a Family Home Evening lesson for Tyson.  He really got into it so I consider that a success.

He helped carrying in all the cans :)  He kept telling us how “heavy his muscles” were.  DSCN1828_edited-1

After carrying in 50 billion cans he then stands in the pantry for an hour and a half and organizes it and puts it all a way.  Isn’t it pretty?

 DSCN1829

I hope I can keep up with it!

And because some items got re-arranged in the pantry…I gotta remember to close that pantry door! :)  He was having a blast playing in the oats.

DSCN1833DSCN1832

1 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm so impressed! Your pantry looks amazing. I haven't commented on your blog forever. I love checking in on you guys though. Your kids are so cute, and big! I hope we get to hang out again someday. It's been way too long since we were in town!