Tyson had his 4th birthday over the weekend. Normally a birthday is celebrated on just one day, but not him. It was stretched over 3 days! What a lucky kid. Sometimes he still asks if he gets to do more for his birthday. I have to remind him that his birthday is over and he needs to wait until next year. Spoiled much?
On Friday Tyson had his very first friends birthday party. He was only allowed to invite 10 friends. He rattled them off and away I went to making invitations with Tyson helping me put glue squares on the back of the dots…
His excitement about his Lego birthday party was extremely apparent. After delivering the invitations Ty kept asking me if his party was on ‘this day”. That’s what he says when he means ‘today’. The asking if it was on ‘this day’ didn’t really stop until the day of his party.
Anyway, thanks to Pinterest (I have a love/hate relationship with that website) I was able to plan everything from decorations to the cake. I didn’t really spend much on the party. The most expensive part was the pizza and the ice cream. The decorations and games I made myself and spent very little on. I actually had fun staying up coloring a poster, making banners and cutting out little yellow lego guys. Tyson had a fabulous time at his party and so did all of his friends.
The kids were smart! When they came in they sat at the tables and started to play with the Legos from the mason jar without me saying anything.
Once everyone was there they ate pizza first.
Ty was more into building with the blocks then eating his pizza.
Then I explained about how I had hid 10 yellow lego guys. They ran off so fast to find them!
Wes got one!
Then we had a relay race where they had to go around the big block on the floor while keeping a Lego on the spoon. Most kids just held it on the spoon while running but Max was hard core and so careful!
Next we played a revised game of pin the tail on the donkey. I think I called it pin the missing block. Of course I forgot something to cover their eyes so I totally stuck my hand in front of them so they couldn’t see. Haha!
Tyson blowing out his imaginary candle. Yes, I forgot that too.
Ty got some really great gifts! He kept saying “oh my gosh” after he opened every present.
The party favor was candy blocks. You can build with them and eat them so it is a win-win I tell you.
Thanks for coming Jack, Jaden, Corgan, Kloe, Wes, Emmett, Max and Davis!!!

4 comments:
Oh my goodness! Ashley, this is so adorable. I'm going to have to remember this idea for next year. James is a huge lego buff! You did a great job. :)
That is SO cute!! You always do great with your parties. In 3 years, I am planning on you moving down here by me. When we find a house, we'll be sure to save one by us for you:) Happy Birthday TY!!
Very cute party!
Love ya'll
MOM
Wow! You are amazing! That party is awesome! I love the cake!
Post a Comment