Monday, April 30, 2012

Tulip Festival

Last year’s tulip festival was fabulous but also extremely exhausting.  I had a 2 month old and a newly potty trained 3 year old.  I was super out of shape from pregnancy and my c-section so it made for a frazzled day.  I had breastfed the baby in heat, pushed a heavy stroller up and over hills, ran and carried Tyson to a bathroom multiple times, etc.  I look at the pictures from 2011 now and again and I love them.  I worked hard on that day and we made memories.  I was SO excited to go this year.  I figured I had a great rhythm down with 2 kids now and I am in great shape!  Andrew threw up once on Sunday morning and once on Monday afternoon.  It was decided with my friends to go on Tuesday the 24th.  That morning I thought I should stay home but then some friends and I talked myself into going.  Maybe Andrew just has a weird gag reflex thing going on?  He sleeps great, no fever, etc.  I packed up in record time but was prepared for Andrew to vomit, just in case…

The hill that every kid in the state of Utah, that goes to the festival, rolls down.  He was even faster this year!

 DSCN1886

Looking in the fountain for money and then asking to throw some coins in. 

 DSCN1891_edited-1

Right towards the end everyone was sitting down for lunch.  I was just about to get my sandwich out and I figured I should check on Andrew.  Right as I turned to him I watched him throw up.  It launched past his feet (sorry that is so nasty but I couldn’t believe how far it went!)  I hurried and cleaned him up, yelled at Tyson a few times to eat his lunch and then my friend, Ashley, walked out with me leaving everyone behind.  I had to get Tyson to preschool anyway.  It was not how I had envisioned that day to go.  Darn it.  Maybe next year.  I was pretty embarrassed that whatever Andrew had it wasn’t just a gag reflex.  I am so sorry to everyone that went :(  Hopefully no one else gets it.

I had to get at least one picture of the 3 of us.  I’m sad that I didn’t get more pictures.  I was worried about getting Ty to school and then making sure Andrew was okay.

DSCN1893

We raced home where I got Tyson’s backpack and then took him to school.  After school I figured we needed a treat from the rough morning/afternoon that we had had.  Thank you McDonald’s.

DSCN1895

0 comments: