Monday, April 23, 2012

Living Room Re-do

I really have no sense of style when it comes to my house and decorating.  It stresses me out.  Will this look good here?  What color am I suppose to do?  What is my style?  I really don’t enjoy it.  However, with this constant itch of wanting to get out of this condo (purely out of wanting more room and something to call ours and for no other reasons) and buy a home that I knew wasn’t coming anytime soon.  I needed a change.  Something!  My dear friend Ashley heard me complaining about it all and offered to help me!  She came over one morning and we talked everything out.  Just having her tell me where to move things, what to get, etc. lifted weight off of my shoulders.  I actually got excited about it all!  I was told I could spend $100.  I spend about $200.  It’s okay though, Brian told me to use a little bit of our tax return.  Whew!  After 3 trips to Hobby Lobby, 7 trips to Walmart, 2 trips to the Dollar Store, 2 trips to Target, Ashley sewing pillow covers for me, ruining 3 frames and wanting to cry, and learning how to actually spray paint…the room is finished almost exactly four weeks later.  Here it is:

BEFORE:

IMG_8945

AFTER:

DSCN1854

BEFORE:

IMG_8943

AFTER:

DSCN1856

I love these shelves so much that I sometimes just lay on the couch and stare, seriously.

 DSCN1860

And this picture frame wall was hard.  I learned the hard way that you can’t spray paint plastic cheap frames with regular spray paint.  Don’t laugh, haha.  But I did learn there is Krylon Fusion that works like a charm because it adheres to plastic and it is only $1 more at Walmart than regular spray paint.  I just love how different all the frames are but that they are all in unison by being white.  I also lay on the couch and stare at this wall.  Ashley R., I love you a billion times over for your help.

DSCN1863

Pretty amazing how changing my living room has lifted my spirits tremendously.  The room feels happier and bigger! Now I am secretly planning some redoing in the kitchen.   I’ll work on the funds for that.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

It looks great!!! I think I need an Ashley R. to come hold my hand and tell me how to decorate my house, because like you, I do not enjoy it. I have no idea what I'm doing!

Murray Family said...

Love it!!

n.davis said...

Love it! Loads!

Jessica and Rod said...

Home decorating stress me out too, but it turned out great!

Linds said...

Looks so awesome! Way to go!

Matt and Suzanne said...

Fantastic job Ashley! You inspire me!

K Murray said...

Love it! Does look more open and fun. You know the blue and green are my favorite colors!
Love MOM