On the 17th of September I signed up to work at the Utah State Fair at the Usborne Booth in the evening. I was still nursing and that kid wouldn’t take a bottle for anything so Brian walked around with the boys while I worked so that I could feed him around dinner time. Tyson had a lot of fun seeing pigeons, cows, bunnies and goats. I think almost every weekend since then he asks if we are going to go to the Fair. The Usborne Booth was great and I learned a lot about myself. Usborne is really showing me who I can be. I don’t know if that makes sense but I am happy :)
As you can tell by the grin of Tyson’s face in EVERY picture he had a wonderful time.
The following weekend we decided it was time to quit nursing. He would basically refuse to eat and it became too stressful for everyone. With teaching dance and doing Usborne parties I was too worried about having to leave Brian or a babysitter with a crying baby that refused to eat. I was really sad about it but I told myself it was for the best. It has been about 2 weeks and I am still sad about having to give it up. I thought I would make it to a year. I have to reassure myself that I did the very best I could. I only made it 6 months or so with Ty so I try to be happy about making it almost 8 months with Andrew.
It took 3 days of hell. I cried a lot and so did Andrew. Finally by the 3rd day he quit fighting it and gave in. He hasn’t looked back since and to be honest it is kind of nice to not worry every time I need to leave him. He has been the best baby and the bottle thing was his only issue. I am happy now that Brian and Tyson can feed Andrew and be a part of that. Even Andrew can feed himself sometimes (if the blanket is propped up just right!)

1 comments:
Love Ty feeding Andrew!
Post a Comment