Friday, October 28, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

We can be pretty lame sometimes.  For 2 years (2008 and 2010) we have gone to a pumpkin patch and got pumpkins to carve.  We never got around to carving so I said I’d use the pumpkins for something else.  Well, that never happened either.  This year Brian was bound and determined to make it happen.  I am so glad he took the reins to get it done.  We never got to the pumpkin patch but the grocery store worked fine this year.  I actually have never carved a pumpkin completely by myself.  I think the first time was in college for an FHE activity.  Anyway, Brian carved Tyson’s and his and I did mine and Andrew’s.  Tyson was really excited until he saw the insides of the pumpkins and chickened out.  He ran to the couch and watched from there.  When Brian almost finished doing his own pumpkin Tyson finally warmed up to it all.  Silly kid.  Here are our finished products.  We’re pretty proud of ourselves :)

IMG_8434 IMG_8428_edited-1 IMG_8459_edited-1 IMG_8465_edited-1 IMG_8466 IMG_8469  IMG_8457_edited-1

Andrew’s silly eyes, Tyson’s bat, Ashley’s ghost and Brian’s skull

IMG_8449_edited-1

2 comments:

Coralie said...

Cute! I'm so impressed! We've been really lazy about carving pumpkins and just got two little pumpkins from Hee Haws this week! Maybe next year... haha ;)

K Murray said...

Love them lite up!