Hey everyone. I am just a bit bored. I suppose I miss adult conversations and such. Tyson's naps are so unpredictable that I don't feel like I can just take out all my scrapbooking stuff out and scrap away. I need at least an hour and I never know if I am gonna get that time. When he isn't sleeping I am usually playing with him or holding him to get him to not cry. When I do those things I usually have the TV on. I use to think all of this was fantastic but it does get a little old. I have been reading a lot lately but I can only read for so long at a time. I have gone on walks (one was to Macey's which took FOREVER. That walk was either 3 or 6 miles...felt like 6). Nothing is really that close to where I live so I generally walk around the compound but that gets old. My friends in the ward work during the day so I can't hang out with them. I haven't really driven much because of the gas prices. I would love to walk around the mall to waste time and get out of the house but with gas and and I worry that I might actually buy something. We're on a tight budget so there isn't room for me to just go buy things. I have done the laundry and cleaned the house. I have wasted time on the internet but I never know what to look for or how to do it. I am kinda a shy person so I don't really feel like I can just randomly call up people to hang out. But I suppose that is what I should do. Lots of mothers stay home around here. I just need to take advantage of it. Easier said than done because I really hate talking to people on the phone. I would much rather do email or talk in person. blah blah blah. I guess I shouldn't write on here when I am in a blah mood. I hope I haven't bored all of you by reading my blog that I wrote while I was bored : ) Please don't misunderstand me and think that I don't like staying home with Tyson. I really do. I know that I am not alone in thinking this way. I have heard many mothers say the same thing. I just always thought I wouldn't be like this because I don't get easily bored. Alright, that is enough complaining. I know what I need to do...I just need to do it!
ANYWAY, Tyson is doing great. He is such a cutie. I love it when he smiles at me. It just melts my heart. He loves laying on the ground and watching me working out with the Wii Fit game. He must be thinking how silly his mom looks trying to balance on one leg or doing lunges. I tell ya, that game is great! I use it every other day and it helps me with strength training exercises. We have an elliptical machine so I use that and alternate with the Wii Fit. I highly recommend it b/c it is fun too! Tyson is liking the swing more now...finally : ) I never understood why he didn't enjoy it. He is also developing his bald spot and losing some hair. It is pretty sad b/c his hair was so thick and dark and adorable. That's okay. It will come back. Tyson is opening his hands more and starting to really suck on his hands. We think Tyson enjoys bath time for the most part. Sometimes he cries and sometimes he doesn't. Tyson can hold on to a toy for like a minute.
I love So You Think You Can Dance. I think it is gonna be a great season. I pretty much liked almost all the dances. Every dancer seems to be really strong. The only thing that I am noticing is that every year some of the dances seem to be a little bit more risque. Is that the right spelling? Anyway, I guess they do that for ratings but they don't need to. I still think the same amount of people would still watch the show.
Alright since this entry is a mile long I will end it. Thanks for reading and listening to me whine : )

7 comments:
Ashley... I really actually loved that post. I sorta know how you feel, except that I'm not a mother yet. Sometimes my job gets SO monotonous or slow, but I can't go anywhere else or do anything else because I have to be here. Of course my job isn't nearly as rewarding as being a mother, but I know the fidgety feeling that you can get inside you. I know that bored feeling.
What time does "SYTYCD" come on the TV? I want to watch that show too. I've heard so many good things.
Oh yeah, I definitely know how you feel! It gets better :). It's a little bit more fun once they get really interactive and their nap times are on a routine.
Oh, and I loved all the dances last night. They have SUCH good dancers this season! But I do totally agree, I think they are making the dances way too sexy. I hate that.
Mike and I were saying last night that probably the only style they wouldn't make way too sexy is "West Coast Swing"...bc well, that would just look ridiculous. Haha!
I think every mom feels like that! Some days, or weeks, just seem to drag on. If I were you I would just set up a table that you could move, or if you have an extra room, and scrapbook. I think that was my biggest mistake with Chloe. I would wait around for her to sleep or eat, and I wouldn't do stuff I wanted to do. SO if he only take an hour nap, you can just move the little table out of the way and do it later. He is still immobile so you don't have to worry about him crawling and grabbing everything, enjoy it while it lasts! I don't know if you have tried digital scrapbooking but I LOVE it! And the best part is there is no mess to clean up. I don't know if you've read it but The Host by Stephenie Meyer is a really good book.
Sorry to make that so long! Now you are probably really really bored.
It looks like you aren't alone! I know I'm there with ya! Especially where I live! It can become extreme monotony very quickly. Tyson will get older and his naps will get better. And I'm a fan of SYTYCD too! I also like America's next dance Crew on MTV.
I hear you girl! It is pretty hard at first. I know everyone has said this but it does get a lot better. You should totally give the women around you a call. They are bored too.
We need to get the ballerinas together in a week or two!
I love so you think you can dance. I think Will is my fave! But they are all pretty good.
Welcome to motherhood! A job highly focused on routines. We all feel that way and sometimes they days seem to go on forever, like they will never end. Remember when you were pregnant how long it seemed like it was going and then all of a sudden you catch yourself thinking as your holding your sweet baby that look what you helped create in just 9 short months! Motherhood is the same way, days seem long, but looking back it goes lighting fast. Before you know it, you will planning his baptism. Hang in there. Its SO worth it!
Ashley,
I can't believe it's taken me this long to check out your blog. I love how you write about everything. I don't know how you are feeling but I can sympathize. It can become boring at times and you find yourself speaking in baby language all the time and want adult conversations. I hear it's all about parenting. My sis-in-law says the same thing and she has 4 kids. I am probably just as shy as you but sometimes you have to take that step forward and call those other women who are in the same position as you. Good luck with it.
Post a Comment