Sunday, October 13, 2013

London V

So we walked down the streets of London and found a place called the Old Bell.  We sat in the corner by a fire place.  I sat in a big recline and Brian in a wooden chair and my dad on a car stool.  It was so fun!  I had to feed Jeffrey there.  I’m sure everyone was wondering why I would bring a small baby in there.  It was so neat though.  My dad and Brian got fish and chips and I got a hamburger.  Afterward we walked around for about 15 minutes looking for an ice cream place.  We finally ended up a McDonald’s and got some McFlurrys. 

Belgium trip_0333Belgium trip_0332

My dad had to run out in the middle of the street to get the picture of us in front of the pub.  Every time he tried to run out there a Taxi would fly around the corner.  I remember being really funny at the time.

The next morning we headed out after packing up all the bags and eating breakfast.  We went to the London Eye!  It was a a bit of a wait to get the tickets validated.  Then we had to go back after an hour to then stand in line for 45 minutes.  So we walked along the streets by the London Eye and went and grabbed some sandwiches at my EATS.  That was our second time eating at that place and its pre-made sandwiches and salads with yogurt, soup, etc.  You just pick what you want and pay.  I remember I got a cranberry turkey sandwich that I ate standing in line.  It was good Smile

The view from the Hungerford bridge.

Belgium trip_0335Belgium trip_0337

Brian just won the Tour de France.

Belgium trip_0339

Street performers standing in line for the London Eye.  They were jumping and dancing and singing.  They were very entertaining.

Belgium trip_0340

On the Eye!  One of the reasons why I wanted to do this was because I KNEW my boys would love it.  And they did.  I also knew my dad would enjoy it.  He did!  I had a great time seeing the view and watching my children enjoy it.

Belgium trip_0342Belgium trip_0343Belgium trip_0344Belgium trip_0345Belgium trip_0347Belgium trip_0349Belgium trip_0351Belgium trip_0352Belgium trip_0356Belgium trip_0360Belgium trip_0361Belgium trip_0362Belgium trip_0365Belgium trip_0366

Belgium trip_0369

One of my favorite pictures of Brian and I while in London!

Belgium trip_0377

Then we hopped on the train and ended back to Belgium. On that ride home my mom gave me some pounds to use up at the food cart on the train.  I didn’t know how much I had so the lady had to help me buy whatever I had the money for.  Later my dad wanted a Lemon cake so I went back with more money and did the same thing.   She was very patient with me.

We really enjoyed London.  It was amazing!

On the train ride home I needed to change Jeffrey’s diapers.  There are no changing tables in the bathrooms so I made my dad stand and I’d hurry and change it on his seat.  Well, I thought it would be a simple, quick change but it was actually an explosion that required a full wardrobe change.  My dad was bent over standing with his face way to close to Jeffrey’s bum then he would have liked.  I was laughing the whole time.  It was a mess. 

0 comments: