Sunday, October 20, 2013

First day of Kindergarten!

On August 27, 2013, Tyson had his first day of Kindergarten.  He was so excited!  We woke up extra early that day to make sure we had enough time to take pictures.

IMG_0913_0825IMG_0918_0829IMG_0920_0831

Tyson had been waiting all summer long to wear his dump truck shirt.  He was so excited that the day had finally come for him to wear it.

IMG_0922_0832

Tyson loves his backpack.  My mom bought it for him for our trip to Europe and he loves that he takes it to school.  He loves clipping it in the front, just like his dad.  This picture is cute because it shows off his nice new haircut and the his souvenirs from our trip to Belgium and Paris.  Unfortunately, after about a week both key chains had broken off and got lost.  So I’m really glad I took this picture.

IMG_0923_0834IMG_0924_0835IMG_0927_0838IMG_0928_0839_edited-1IMG_0929_0840

Tyson was beyond excited to be a big kid and ride the bus to school.  He didn’t even hesitate getting on. 

IMG_0931_0842

“I wanna get on da bus!”

IMG_0934_0845_edited-1

He looks so big here.  When did he get to be old enough to go to Kindergarten and ride the bus to school?  I’m still in denial.

IMG_0936_0847

I almost cried as the bus pulled away…

IMG_0939_0850

Picking up Tyson from the bus stop!  I thought it would take about 15 minutes from the school.  It ended up taking just under an hour!  Over time it has gotten faster (about 30 minutes).  Anyway, Andrew ran around and played and Jeffrey slept. 

IMG_0942_0901IMG_0943_0902IMG_0945_0904

IMG_0944_0903

Here’s Tyson jumping off of the bus and running straight into my arms.  He had the biggest smile on his face and the first thing he said was, “I missed you mom. I had so much fun.” It was a highlight moment for me as his mother.  I was so excited to see him and so proud of how big and brave he was on his first day.  My heart felt like it was going to burst.  I am so very happy and grateful to be Tyson’s mother.

IMG_0947_0906

0 comments: