Sunday, October 20, 2013

Brussels and Chi-chi’s

 

Went back to Brussels the day before we had to fly home.  I wanted to look for a music box or some sort of souvenir.  I also wanted a REAL Belgian waffle from Brussels.

Just a street performer

Belgium trip_0047Belgium trip_0048Belgium trip_0051

Waffle!  It did NOT disappoint.  It was amazing. 

Belgium trip_0052Belgium trip_0053

We made Tyson said by the little boy statue.  He really did not want to. LOL

Belgium trip_0055Belgium trip_0056Belgium trip_0057Belgium trip_0062

I loved this saying on a window in Brussels.  Speculoss does make a day great.

Belgium trip_0060

Next up, Belgian fries.  Commonly known as, frites.  Fried potatoes and then fried again.  So good and nice and crunchy.  We were actually attacked by bees and it was quite a scene.

Belgium trip_0064

Me re-enacting Jeffrey given a fry.  Andrew shoved a fry down Jeffrey’s throat and he started choking in the hotel room in Paris.  It was scary and not surprising. 

Belgium trip_0065Belgium trip_0067

I ended up with a Belgian waffle magnet, Tyson got an atomium key chain, and Brian got a coin.

That night we went to Chi-chi’s.  My parents favorite restaurant in Belgium.  My mom stayed home with Andrew so we could have an enjoyable meal.  Apparently the wait is slow and we all knew what that would mean if Andrew would have been there.

Belgium trip_0028Belgium trip_0031

I hate to change Jeffrey’s diaper while there and this was the changing table.  A dresser.  It was barely wide enough to even put the baby on.  It was laughable so of course I had to take a picture of it.

Belgium trip_0032Belgium trip_0034

Tyson ordered ribs.  It was a surprise but he did really well eating them and said he liked it.

Belgium trip_0037Belgium trip_0039

What’s wrong with this picture? 

Belgium trip_0040Belgium trip_0043

0 comments: