Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Guess who?!

So I am a total nerd for even mentioning this but I just have to!  You all know that I am obsessed with the show So You Think You Can Dance, right?  Okay, so on Mondays I teach a ballet class from 6:30-7:30.  There is an adult jazz class that starts at 7 right next door.  As soon as I finish teaching I run into the jazz class and jump into whatever they are doing.  I figure I am warmed up enough from teaching.  The class is doing pirouettes and leaps across the floor and I am watching really closely to pick it up as fast as I can.  Guess who I spot in the class?!  BENJI SCHWIMMER!!!!  I tried so hard to suppress my surprise and act like it is no big deal but I know my eyes were wide-eyed!  I couldn’t believe it. Did I talk to him? No.  Did I smile and say Hi? No.  Did I do anything but secretly watch him dance out of the corner of my eyes. No.  Haha!

              image

This jazz class is so challenging for me.  I haven’t done jazz in over 6 years and the jazz back then was nothing like it is today.  I am pretty much out of my element when I am there but it is still a blast.  Anyone up for a adult jazz class next Monday??? : ) I am also taking the advanced level ballet class on Mondays from 4-5:30.  Kristi Brown Hill teaches it for those of you who know her.  It is a great class!  And No, Benji doesn’t take the ballet class…

9 comments:

Mindy said...

what the heck!?!? what was he doing there?? ASH - I can't believe you didn't say anything! :) I would totally go with you and make a fool of myself if I lived there:)

Stephanie said...

That is awesome! Seeing him and taking classes. Sounds fun but I teach Monday. :(

Jayson & Sara said...

Ha! How funny! And I'm up for a ballet class! Too bad I'm way out here. I have an idea! Come out here and we'll take some fabulous classes together!

KMurray said...

OMG Ash! That is so cool if he comes again you just have to say something to him and tell him our whole family watched the show!

Cody and Jessie said...

Way cool!! I wish I could take dance classes still.. but it would be way too embarassing for me ;)

Heather said...

hahaha, that is so crazy! I wish I could go with you to that class, but I am just too out of practice, my dance skills would probably leave me smack dab on the floor:)

Linds said...

That is awesome! Where are the classes...Brian usually has school, but I really need to start taking classes again!

Mindy said...

I want to see pictures of Tyson! I bet he his huge now! We're planning on coming down within the next monthish..so we need to have a girls night..and don't feel funny for crying when you saw the apt. I'm bored stiff without all of you! It was so much fun walking outside everyday and seeing everyone.

Bethany said...

Ashley, I love reading your blog because you are so happy and positive! I love that you are undaunted by the challenging jazz class also--it's very cool that you're willing to do it because you love it, even if it's hard for you. You're great:)