Thursday, September 17, 2009

Real Beauty

One of my ballet friends, Sara, from BYU posted this video on her blog.  I liked it so much I wanted to share it with you.  It’s the video called “evolution” and no wonder our perception of beauty is so distorted!

http://www.dove.us/#/features/videos/default.aspx[cp-documentid=8354359]/

4 comments:

katy said...

WOW!!! Really glad you posted this. It's hard for "real" women to remember that those faces we idolize are a complete fabrication of the truth.

On the flip side, I wonder how models feel when they see their pictures in magazines and on billboards... and they don't even recognize themselves. I wonder if that hurts a teeny tiny bit, or if they're just laughing all the way to the bank!

Mindy said...

I don't like looking at your blog to see what's going on with you..I miss seeing you everyday! Awesome video!

Jayson & Sara said...

Glad you liked it so much!! And thanks - you're one of my best friends too! We had some great times on Showcase together. I wish we lived closer now!

Sunny said...

i love this video. i showed it in my health classes when i student taught. stupid media who makes us normal girls feel not normal. i would like to punch all of them in their plastic faces. can you tell i am passionate about this issue.