Thursday, September 24, 2009

Let’s play a game…

I’ve just recently gotten into coupon shopping because we have had to cut our grocery bill by about $60.00.  I know crazy!  It is still to be determined if I can keep it in check through out a whole month.  Anyway, just wanted to show off all that I got today!  Let’s play a game and you guess how much all of this food cost me.  If you are the closest (you won’t win a prize because we don’t have any money, sorry)  but you can just be proud that you won. 

IMG_8836

4 boxes of Frosted Mini-Wheats

1 box of Honey Bunches of Oats Pecan flavor

2 boxes of Nutri-grain bars

2 boxes for Cinnabon bars

2 packages of Kebbler crackers

Happy guessing and thanks for playing along!!!

**Answer: I spent $8.15 at Albertsons***

6 comments:

Katie said...

my guess is 11.76...I think my guess might be on the lower end, but I'll be optimistic for you.

lmk1411 said...

I'm guessing that it was at Albertsons with double coupons. Looks like a good deal. If you have a Rite Aid by you then you HAVE to do the diaper deals this week!! I bouth 3 bags of huggies diapers, 2 boxes of wipes and the proantinox and MADE $15. I love couponing, welcome to the addiction!!

Brad and Hailey said...

Wow good for you! That's impressive. I'll guess $14.95 :)

KMurray said...

I have no idea over here no coupons and US products are way expensive...but I am very proud of you for saving all you can.
go girl!

lmk1411 said...

The RiteAid rebates are my favorite. They're so easy. You just type some numbers from your reciept into their online form. You don't even have to waste a stamp sending anything in. It keeps track online of your rebates and you can only request your rebates once a month. for the diaper deal you can print Rite Aid coupons for watching their commercials online, this is called Rite Aid Perks. It gives you a $2 off Rite Aid coupon that you can use on each pack in conjuction with a manufacturer's coupon for $3 off a pack of pure and natural diapers. Also if you watch enough commercials on the Rite Aid perks you get a $5 off $20 purchases. You buy 3 bags of pure and natural diapers ($33) and give them the $5 off of $20 coupon and then the 6 other coupons and your total is $13 but you get a $10 rebate so it's like your total is $3, $1 per bag of huggies diapers. Another great part is that Rite Aid is also doing a "Gift of Savings" giving you $5 back for a $25-49 purchase, $10 back for a $50-99 puchase and $20 back for a $20 purchase. It will count this purchase as $33. I hope this is making sense. Another great thing is that there's a video commercial coupon for the proantinox. It's already free after rebate but you can use the $3 off coupon so you make $3. You pay $3.99 after coupon and then get $6.99 cash back. This also gives you another $6.99 toward your "Gift of savings" total. Hope this makes sense. Feel free to e-mail me lmk1411@hotmail.com. I really like hip2save.com. If you have a panda express by you, you can get a free entree today!! Sorry this is so long, I couldn't find your e-mail. feel free to call me too, I love couponing!! It's hard work to get started but you'll get it down fast. I won't take long and you'll get the hang of each store and how they do things but it's really overwehlming to start with!!

Cody and Jessie said...

Way to go!! So I just barely saw the comment you left on my blog - I've been such a blog slacker since I've been home - and you can come over any time! I'd love to help you out - but it looks like you're doing pretty good on your own too :) Call or text me whenever.. The wedding is over and I actually have time to do stuff again. I've been to Walgreens this week and got quite a few deals there!