Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nothing but Dr. Appointments

Hey everyone!  This last week has been nothin' but doctors appointments.  On Monday I went to the Dr. because I have had a sinus infection for about 2 weeks.  I was worried about going and having the Dr. give me medicine so I wouldn't be able to breast feed any more but once I started to feel sick everywhere I realized it was time to take care of myself.  So I go and wait in the Dr. office for an hour (mind you I HAD an appointment) which was during Tyson's nap time and snack time.  Anyway, I got an antibiotic but I'm not sure it is working so I will probably have to get another one.  Then on Thurs I took Tyson to his 6 month check up.  He got like 5 shots including the flu shot.  I had had a hunch about 2 weeks ago that Tyson wasn't gaining weight but I figured I would just wait.  Well, I was right because Tyson didn't gain weight, he actually lost weight!  Apparently, that isn't too uncommon to not gain weight around that age.  Which surprised me but the problem is that he didn't grow in height either which is NOT good.  He asked about my milk supply which I think has been fine.  I've had to pump some b/c of teaching dance so I figured it was all good and dandy.  He told me to start the baby food and then to come back in 4 weeks to make sure he has grown.  If not then I suppose I will be done with breastfeeding which makes me sad.  I think we will give a bottle of formula instead during one feeding to see if that helps.  Has anyone done that before?  I want to do formula and breast feed if I can.  So Tyson dropped to below the 3% in weight and dropped to the 25% for height.  Then on Friday I went to the dentist and got 3 cavities filled.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be but still.  We don't have dental insurance any more of course.  All I can say is thank you pregnancy! : )

So that is pretty much it for now.  Oh I did get hired by the Vibe for a class on Monday and I am happy about it.  Below I am posting some pictures of Tyson when he turned 5 months.  I am a bit behind posting pictures.  When he turns 6 months old I will post some more.  Happy looking! 

Daddy and Ty playing together last Sunday.

Tyson 5 months 089

Pictures below were taken on his 5 month birthday!  I had so many cute ones.  I couldn't post them all but here are some good ones!

Tyson 5 months 040 Tyson 5 months 042

Tyson 5 months 043 Tyson 5 months 051

Tyson 5 months 068 Tyson 5 months 077

Tyson 5 months 083 Tyson 5 months 081

Last week end we went to the Circus.  It was a lot of fun and was worth the money we thought. It was Tyson's bed time an hour after the show started.  We thought he might get fussy but he did great.  There was a lot going on with animals and people and flashes of light that he stayed entertained.  He even stayed up an extra hour then normal but did eventually fall asleep in daddy's arms. Here are some pictures from that. 

Tyson 5 months 003 Tyson 5 months 012

              Tyson 5 months 024 

      Tyson 5 months 005

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I am not a mom yet. But I heard a lot that you can supplement your baby with formula if they are not getting enough milk or they are not gaining weight. I would ask your doctor for sure. But I am pretty sure that is right. Also he get cuter everyday! I love seeing pictures of him!

Murray Family said...

Great pictures!! Glad you guys had fun at the Circus!

Tina said...

All of our doctors have told us to supplement for everyone of our kids. Kaelin I had to stop nursing at 9 months because of an antibiotic I had to take. Sean starting supplementing after a year, with Pediasure instead of formula. They still want us to try and fatten him up. Now its with bread, pasta and butter! Savanna is still young enough that they aren't worried yet. Our kids are just small, its a HUGE deal here in the south because nobody's kids are small.

Anonymous said...

Wow music...hi tech now. Love the pictures! Just do what you need to do for Tyson with the advice you have been given by the doctor.
Love ya honey!
MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey so glad The Vibe hired you...i knew they would you are so awesome.
Love Mom

Stephanie said...

I hope you feel much better. It is always scary when you don't think your baby is eating enough. Good Luck with that!