I am having a hard time realizing that Ty is 6 months old today. Where did the time go? Seriously! Anyway, quite a bit has gone on the last few days. After the scare of learning that Tyson wasn't growing and fell off of his growth curve by alot we decided to heed the Dr. orders. We started feeding him baby food (rice cereal) on Saturday. It was an interesting experience. He hated it. He didn't want anything to do with the rice cereal. We figured it was just because he didn't know how to swallow it. We gave it to him again on Sunday and it was a little better but not much. Same thing happened on Monday. Brian yesterday started feeding it to him again and he was crying and spitting it all out. So, we opened a can of butternut squash and mixed it with the rice cereal and he couldn't get enough of the yummy goodness! I guess he hated the crappy taste of rice cereal. We're glad he is liking the food now: ) Monday we also gave him a bottle of formula and he didn't mind it at all. He never fussed or cried. He is used to getting a bottle here and there but it usually isn't full of formula. I'm glad he doesn't mind it because we need to beef that baby boy up! So now were are feeding him baby food and a bottle of formula once a day and the rest of the time is still breast milk. Hopefully this all helps so I can still nurse him some. I'm not ready to give it all up yet. In fact when Brian gave him his first bottle of formula on Monday I broke down and cried. Seems silly but I just missed it. Here are some pictures from the baby food. They are only from the first and second try of him hating it : )
Getting ready!
First bites!
This is horrible Mom and Dad!
Next is how I finally decided it was time to have him cry himself to sleep for naps. He has done awesome at night after the first week of practice. We started this conference weekend and he cried before each nap for about an hour to an hour and half. He can be so stubborn! Yesterday was a nightmare with him only taking one nap that was an hour and half. But I see the light at the end of the tunnel because he cried for only 5 minutes this morning which means that he is getting the hang of it. YAY! Here are some goofy and adorable pictures of Tyson and Dad during General Conference!
On Monday night we decided to give Tyson his first hair cut. His hair always naturally sticks up. However, the last month the few hairs in the front started curling back and well, I wasn't a big fan. So, I cut the front to even it out a bit and it looks cute. Here are some before and after pictures.
I think I did such a good job that I am now taking appointments for anyone who wants a haircut! Just Kidding!
Happy 6 Month Birthday Baby Tyson! We love you!

2 comments:
The looks on his face is priceless when he tried the rice cereal! Haha! His hair looks cute!
We started giving Taylor rice cereal when she was 4 months old. She didn't like it at first either. But, we mixed some juice in with it, and she LOVES her cereal. But, sounds like you already got that figured out. Also, I know how you feel about not nursing, that makes me sad too. But, I give Tay usually one bottle during the day, and rice cereal before bed, plus nurse her, and she usually sleeps really well. Good luck with all of that!
Post a Comment