Sunday, September 22, 2013

London III

We accidently slept in a bit but I think my family needed it.  The breakfast in London was a bit more to what we were use to in America.  It was delicious.  My mom wasn’t feeling well so went ahead without her.  Our first stop was Hamley’s toy store.  Apparently it is the oldest toy store and maybe the largest in the area?  It was huge.  If I remember correctly it had 6 levels.  The kids were in heaven.  My mom told my dad that he could buy each kid a toy.

Belgium trip_0401Belgium trip_0403Belgium trip_0405

The workers were so fun there.  This guy had a flying disc toy and he had it flying around Tyson and at the entrance there was a guy blowing tons of bubbles singing at the top of his lungs.

Belgium trip_0406

The top floor was the Legos and you can imagine Ty's excitement.

Belgium trip_0410Belgium trip_0413

Iron man and a phone booth all made out of Legos.

Belgium trip_0416

The Queen made out of Legos

Belgium trip_0420Belgium trip_0421Belgium trip_0422Belgium trip_0424Belgium trip_0425

We loved traveling the tube.  Super efficient, easy and quick.  There was always a seat that said reserved for the elderly, pregnant women or mother’s with young children.  Almost every time if the train was full someone would get up and offer me the seat since I had Jeffrey.  The people of London were very nice.

Belgium trip_0426_edited-1Belgium trip_0428

Next up was Buckingham Palace!  It was so gorgeous and huge.  I didn’t think it was that big.

Belgium trip_0432Belgium trip_0434Belgium trip_0435Belgium trip_0436Belgium trip_0437Belgium trip_0441Belgium trip_0442

I read in a tourist book that the Queen wasn’t at the Palace when there are just a few guards.  I only saw 2 or 3 so I was sad knowing she wasn’t there.  LOL!

Belgium trip_0444Belgium trip_0431Belgium trip_0448Belgium trip_0449

Train station

Belgium trip_0450Belgium trip_0451

We went back to Big Ben and the Palace of Westminster.

Belgium trip_0453Belgium trip_0454Belgium trip_0456

We got pretty creative with where and how to change diapers.  At one point we had to change Andrew’s so Brian went up by the Abraham Lincoln statue that isn’t far from Big Ben.  As he was changing the diaper a large group of tourists sat right by us and started listening to the guide.  It was a little awkward. Like I said, we did our best to change diapers out of the way but sometimes even then we were still in the way.

0 comments: