The bi-annual Carlsen family reunion was at Bear Lake! It took place at the beginning of August and it was so much fun!!! We stayed in a big cabin all together. I felt like it was a great way to really maximize the time we got to spend together.
The first day we got there around lunch time. After getting settled in we headed down to Main Street. We ate dinner at one of the ma and pa shops and then walked around the fair. It was the city’s Raspberry Days. Then we got our first taste of raspberry shakes and watched the parade. This parade was one of the best parades I’d been to regarding hand outs. Candy, candy, and more candy, otter pops, beaded necklaces, mini loafs of banana bread and even a bag of chips and salsa from the local Mexican restaurant. It was pretty hilarious actually. Here are some pictures from the parade. Tyson didn’t like the loud sirens and me and Andy just hanging out watching everything go on around us.
The next day was a pretty lazy day. Most of the family went to a local park for a few hours. Later we hung around the cabin and talked and the kids had a great time playing with their cousins and staying up late watching a movie. I remember LOVING being at the cabin because Tyson was so entertained. I think we hardly saw that kid. Even Andrew would disappear for awhile. I took Tyson to the pool for a bit in the late afternoon. We had a good time but the water was super cold and the breeze was as well.
Twin cousins!
On Saturday we headed to Bear Lake and played in the water. The kids played in the sand and made a huge hole in the ground and enjoyed watching it fill up with water. Some kids also built sand castles of course. Andrew loved the water. I did well of not getting myself or the boys sunburned. Brian is a different story. I didn’t apply the sunscreen very well on his back and then when I told him to re-apply he didn’t. He got burned really, really bad. Andrew has had reactions to sunscreen before but the one I bought for this trip worked great. I was a little worried about him breaking out and being miserable. Dave rented a boat and we got to take turns going out on the lake and tubing. Tyson came with us but didn’t want to get in the water. He loved just being on the boat though and helping look out for other boats and holding up the flag when someone was in the water. I went on the tube myself and I loved it. The first round was so so fun. I held on for what felt like awhile. I do remember that it doesn’t feel great being a nursing mother and riding the tube. I had such a great time that when Dave asked if I wanted to go again I said sure! The second time I only held on for a few seconds and went flying off. That time when I hit the water I felt a huge blow to my ribs. It hurt so bad. It took a few seconds to convince myself to take a breath. The rest of the trip I was in a pretty good amount of pain but I tried to suck it up. My swimsuit has underwire and I think the speed and angle that I hit the water at just jammed it right into my rib cage on my right side. Brian went next and he held on for what seemed like forever and I remember seeing him get some really awesome air time. Of course because I had gotten hurt I started to get nervous that he would get hurt. He did have a sore shoulder before going and tubing didn’t really help.
Jeffrey stayed in the shade the whole time hanging out with Mom Carlsen and Wendy and sometimes Jaden and Maddie. It was an exhausting day. I remember the sand being really really hot trying to pull the stroller up the hill to go home. The water was pretty cold when you got out a little farther but you didn’t notice it when you feel off the tube I don’t think. The kids instantly feel asleep in the car and Brian stopped to buy everyone raspberry shakes. Yum. When got back to the cabin a lot of us were locked out. Fun times

0 comments:
Post a Comment