Sunday, September 22, 2013

London I

We woke up and headed out to the train station for London!  Apparently it was some sort of holiday and there were no workers in the Paris train station.  Because of the suitcases and stroller we couldn’t go through the normal train ticket station but no one was there to help us go through the handicapped gate.  So Brian and my dad had to lift everything over the gates.  While they were doing that we watched a young man hop over the ticket station and keep on going without paying.  I guess when you put NO workers there on a holiday that will happen.  On our way to London there was some sort of delay and the train stopped for about an hour.  That made it harder with Andrew but Brian survived. 

Belgium trip_0514Belgium trip_0515Belgium trip_0516

We checked into the hotel and went to a cute little sandwich shop and ate in the alley next to it.  I loved that about our trip to Europe.  People were always eating outside.  It was refreshing and it was beautiful weather.

Belgium trip_0517Belgium trip_0518

Next up we headed to the The London Tower Bridge.

Belgium trip_0520

I found the colors that they painted it rather interesting but who am I to judge?

Belgium trip_0521Belgium trip_0523Belgium trip_0524Belgium trip_0525Belgium trip_0528

The Tower of London fort

Belgium trip_0531Belgium trip_0532Belgium trip_0535Belgium trip_0538Belgium trip_0539Belgium trip_0540Belgium trip_0541Belgium trip_0543

We went into the gift shop for me to try to find a music box.  I wasn’t successful there but we were able to stay out of the quick rain storm.

Belgium trip_0544

Brian getting Tyson a ridiculously expensive popsicle :)

Belgium trip_0545Belgium trip_0546Belgium trip_0547

We stopped and sat on a bench facing the London Eye while I fed Jeffrey.  The older two were zonked out and we all sat and enjoyed the view for awhile.  We also watched lots of runners go by.  Most had a little back pack on and we gathered that they must have gotten off of work and changed into exercise clothes and ran home?  Anyway, very impressed with this country and their importance of health and fitness.  Most restaurants appeared to be relatively healthy as well.

Belgium trip_0549Belgium trip_0550

1 comments:

Linds said...

You are giving me the travel bug! I'm itching to go exploring now!!!