We packed that morning and the kids did a little better at night. Maybe woke up once but went back to sleep? Anyway, we got all packed for our trip to Paris and then London. We got to the train station and had about 45 minutes to kill, or so we thought. My dad thought the train left at 11:30 but it actually had left at 10:30. We tried to get on the 11:30 train but it was packed full and we would have had to stand in the back and with the young kids, that just wasn’t going to happen. So we went all over the train station and my parents had to re-buy tickets for the next train to Paris. It was a really really costly mistake. Brian and I felt so bad. I apologized to both of my parents and they both said why, it wasn’t your fault. Well, I know but I still felt bad. They were spending this money because of us.
We obviously arrived in Paris later then planned but it was still only 3pm. We found the hotel after dragging our suitcases down the streets of Paris. Once we unloaded we headed out as soon as we could. We walked to the tour bus station and got on. This bus tour was a highlight of Paris for me personally. We got to sit on the 2nd level while the bus drove all around. We got to see everything in an hour and half. It was fun and the kids really loved it too.
Oh and seeing Andrew’s eye just reminded me about how he had issues with the marble stairs at my parents house for the first few days. He had some spills and one resulted in the cut/bruise above his eye. I’m grateful that’s the worse that he got. Crazy boy.
It started to get a little chilly towards the end and we didn’t have any of our sweatshirts. I tried my best to keep Jeffrey warm. He did okay though.
We ate at a pizza place in Paris. Very very large pizza with thin crust. Brian got a pizza and it had a hard boiled egg on it. Weird but he said it was good. Andrew was difficult in the restaurant so my dad took him out while hurried to order and start eating. Then I finished and took him up and down the streets. We headed back and slept very well that night. Tyson this whole trip got to sleep with my parents. I thought that was really nice of them. That way Brian and I only had to deal with Andrew and Jeffrey.

0 comments:
Post a Comment