Day 4
The hotel had a breakfast. It was very interesting. Lots of bread, chesse, deli meat, some scrambled eggs, and sausage, cereal, lots of different kinds of juices, mixed fruit and an Asian type of soup. It looked to me like they were trying to accommodate the different types of guests they get. Americans, Europeans and Asians.
My mom wasn’t feeling well that morning so the rest of us left her behind and walked to the Arc de Triomphe. My dad said it was like 2 miles but I’m pretty sure it was way more then that! I couldn’t believe how big it was. I so impressed with all the detailed artwork. It really amazed me how they could build something like that in 1806! It was very beautiful.
Then we rode the bus to the Eiffel Tower. Getting on the bus was an ordeal! The line was so long and this guy helped us jump the line and get on.
My first thought when seeing the Eiffel Tower was how much bigger and more beautiful it was in person then seeing it on TV or in a picture. It was amazing and like a dream and again I couldn’t believe how they could build something like this in 1889. My parents watched Andrew and Jeffrey while Brian, Tyson and I climbed the 704 stairs!!! I was worried about Tyson getting tried but it was really me that worried Brian. I was also a little worried because I should have fed Jeffrey before went. I didn’t realize it would take an hour and half. It was exhausting though but so worth it! We ended up buying a Christmas ornament at the top in the gift shop as our souvenir. We overheard a man asking if he could take the elevator down if he didn’t buy tickets to take it up and the lady said yes. I was excited to ride it and not have to take the 704 steps back down.
Level 1 view!
Level 2
The view to the Level 3 and then the very top.
on the elevator down
My parents had Jeffrey and Andrew asleep when we returned
Tyson playing in the grass near by finding dinosaur bones he said

0 comments:
Post a Comment