Thursday, February 9, 2012

December 26-31

The morning after Christmas my dad, mom, me, Tyson and Andrew all packed into the rented van and headed to Palm Springs, California to visit my Grandparents.  I didn’t take one picture there!!  We had so much fun and what beautiful weather and company. 

Tyson loved it there because they live on a golf course.  Tyson would play on the patio and watch the golfers.  When no one was coming he would take his golf ball out in the grass and play.  We got to meet Doug’s wife, Kim, who was a pleasure to talk with and who made us a great meal and taught me about Costco’s uncooked tortillas!  Mmmm…

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!  I know having young kids around can be exhausting but we loved every minute of being there!

We left California on the 30th of December and stopped in St. George for the night and next morning.  My parents would some day like to retire there so they went out with some friends to see the city on the 31th. 

My birthday is the 31st so I didn’t mind being in a hotel room for just a few hours.  The deal was to get me home by the afternoon so I could see Brian, have dinner and eat some cake.  Little did I know that those few hours would stress me out!  Right after my parents left Tyson went to the bathroom.  He locked the door and then shut it after he was finished and locked us out!  I talked to the front desk and they said maintenance wasn’t in yet but that she would send them up when they got here.  It was around 8:45am so I figured that meant around 9am.  Well 9:45am comes and Tyson is doing a potty dance.  I ran him down to the lobby to use that bathroom and he said he didn’t have to go.  We got back upstairs and he said he had to pee.  So I did what any good mother would do.  I helped him pee into a plastic water bottle.  At this point I was really mad at the hotel.  Around 10:30am they finally came up and seriously jiggled the knob with a knife and popped the door open.  They told me that maintenance only knew how to open it.  Perhaps they should teach some of the cleaning maids how to do it because they are around.  My mother complained (because the whole situation was absolutely ridiculous) and she was really calm about it.  She ended up getting the night’s stay for free.  Stupid hotel!

So we made it back to Utah and had a fun evening.  We went to a  Mexican restaurant for dinner and I opened my present/cards and then had some Cookies ‘N Cream Ice Cream cake!!  For my present I got tickets to see Wicked in August!

DSCN1596_edited-1 DSCN1598_edited-1  DSCN1600

It was an unusual birthday but I sure felt special and loved!

0 comments: