Saturday, July 26, 2008

My life...

I realized that I haven't really posted about what is going on lately.  I make posts about a show that I am totally addicted to (SYTYCD) and how I am exercising.  I know you check my blog and jump out of your seats when I post that crap.  So here is what is really going on...

*Please excuse the crammed sentences and how they don't even flow.  I didn't feel like making separate paragraphs and I just wanted to write*

My father left on Thursday morning to go back to Qatar.  I was devastated and cried.  My mother is still here visiting and is about to go to the Stampin' Up Convention which I totally wish I was going to.  However, I hate trying to sell things so I don't ever want to be a demonstrator.  A few weeks ago Brian and I spent part of our stimulus check to buy a Cannon Rebel XTI camera.  Did we pay a lot for a nice camera?  I like to think we got a great deal.  Do I love the camera? ABSOLUTELY!  I haven't posted any pictures from it yet though.  I suppose I am still not that great and right now I am just playing around with it.  I don't want every one to think how bad I am.  We got the camera b/c I love pictures and love to scrapbook.  I've always wanted to be a photographer (along with a dental hygienist, hair stylist, orthodontist, and wedding planner).  Who knows but maybe with time that might become a reality but I sure better practice some more : )  I am very excited b/c some of my best friends are having babies.  There are quite a few movies out that I really want to see.  I think next Friday my brother and sister in law will watch our baby so we can go.  I haven't felt like asking anyone to watch Tyson yet b/c I haven't let him cry himself to sleep yet.  Sometimes I feel that I am not very good for doing that but the doctor said it was okay.  However, I am getting ready for him to be able to do that.  I just don't feel like we can ask people to watch him and then have to go step by step with them on how we get him to sleep.  Tyson hasn't been sleeping that well with naps again lately.  I think it is time to get him to nap only 3 times during the day instead of 4 or 5.  He still sleeps great through the night which we are so grateful for.  On the 24th of July (a state holiday here in Utah) we went to Payson to see some of Brian's friends that he grew up with.  It was lots of fun.  Tyson loved the flashes of the fireworks.  I can't believe our little boy will be 4 months old so soon!  Brian's little brother, John, is getting married on 8/8/08!  I think that is so cool!  I am also really excited about the Olympics.  I just love watching the gymnastics.  Which reminds me, another thing I always wanted to be was a gymnast. Brian is going to start studying for the GMAT.  It is going to be a rough few years while he is in school but I know it will all be worth it.  Anyway, I suppose I am done with my rant.  I will post pictures next time I promise.  I just realized that this post isn't really about my life.  It is simply the type of thoughts that flow through my head on a day to day basis. 

5 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

That is the camera I have!!! If you have any questions about it or whatever just email me ok weirhere@gmail.com
I would LOVE to talk about it!

brittanyandtravis said...

I love dSLRs! I have a Nikkon but I LOVE it! I would go to the library and check out some books on digital photography. They are very helpful! And don't worry about your pictures not looking good! As long as it is in focus it's great!
And I know exactly how you feel about leaving a baby behind! I don't think we left Chloe until she was like 6 months old. ANd even now, we just wait until after bedtime to go out so people don't think I have OCD when it comes to bedtime routines.

Linds said...

That's the camera I want!!! Where did you find the deal on it?

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, because you do have a gift for writing, something I wish I was able to do. :o) It was so good to see you and Brian on the 24th. Heidi and I talked and we are going to plan a time for us to have a bbq. I will let you know for sure when that will be. oh and F.Y.I. I love watching the olympics as well, and gymnastics and diving are my favorites to watch. :o)

katy said...

Whew... a jam-packed post. Just wanted to say I totally get it about leaving the baby with someone. We had to leave James overnight in June when my best friend got married. I gave lots of instructions, but it turns out my mother-in-law (who was the one watching him) just did what came naturally to HER, and it worked out really well. James is so much more adaptable than I give him credit for. Go see a movie!! :)