Nothing super duper exciting happened this week. Quite a few small things worth mentioning though.
Andrew has been obsessed with the dishwasher lately. I remember Tyson being the same way as well. When he hears the faucet running and that dishwasher door opening you better believe he is there in less than 5 seconds. I get a little paranoid because of the knives or chicken juice on cutting boards. I usually either give up right away or try to get the dishes done during naps or in the evening.
I left the dishwasher door open to go put on Mickey Mouse to try to distract him from the dishwasher. I came back and he had climbed on to the lid.
Andrew can now say “nana” for banana. He asked for it this morning with his cereal and I was happy I had one left for him. So adorable! He also said “Ty Ty” today for Tyson. Brian heard it and for 5 minutes after we kept telling him to say it and he would. It is so much fun hearing him say things now. Then Tyson said, “Andy say Mathew!” We busted up laughing.
We have had steak for dinner lately and Tyson keeps calling it mistake. “Mom, can I have more mistake and carrots?” We keep correcting him and Brian even told him that if he keeps calling steak a mistake he wouldn’t be allowed to have it anymore. Every time we have it he calls it that. It’s been funny. Tyson told me about a dream he had earlier in the week and I could not stop laughing. I can’t remember it now though, dang it!
Yesterday, we went to the pool here. First time this year. I had said we were going, so we were going. I say we are going to do something and then don’t follow through so much that I was determined to make it happen. Even though it got windy and overcast and the water was cold we still went. We stayed for about 30 minutes because that was the longest we could go before Andrew started shivering. Ty loved it but was also scared about going under the water. He starts swim lessons tomorrow so fingers crossed that goes well. He did eventually get brave enough to jump into the water and get caught. Andrew loved splashing the water with his arms. He kept crawling in and out of the pool. He had a great time but like I said, once he started shivering we were done.
“Mom, take a picture of me jumping!”
We have a fabulous system down with one of neighbors, The Jacksons. We do a babysitting trade off. It has been the best thing the last 4 months. Brian and I have gone on more dates the last few months then we have had when combining the last few years. Last night we ventured to Color Me Mine. Brian painted Andrew a monkey piggy bank and I painted a plate to use on birthdays. Their stencil machine was broken so I had to hand paint “Happy Birthday” and then I decided to paint balloons on it. I’m curious to see how it will turn out when done. We had a lot of fun and I am sure we will be back.
Tonight we made popcorn after dinner. While I was preparing breakfasts and lunches for the week Brian was doing some cleaning/rearranging in the kitchen cabinets. He found the popcorn maker so we put it to good use tonight.
At first Andrew was concerned with what was happening…
Then pure joy!
Tyson loves popcorn but Andrew beats him in how much. I am pretty sure he could have eaten the entire batch by himself. We first learned of his love of popcorn on Wednesday. I took Tyson to see The Lorax at the dollar theatre for some quality Mommy/Tyson time. It was so fun and Tyson kept telling me Thank you and I love you and was laughing and smiling during the whole movie. We got a giant popcorn to share but couldn’t finish it and so I thought Brian would like some. Turns out whatever was left mostly went into Andrew’s begging mouth! Tonight Brian put a little bit in a bowl and Andrew tried to grab all of it to put in his mouth but most ended up on the counter :)

4 comments:
looks like so much fun! i cant wait to see you tomorrow, i feel like its been so long!
So cute! Your boys are getting so big! Wish we could have gone to color me mine with you guys! Glad you had fun:)
your boys are so dang cute, and you look so great Ash! I keep going back to look at Andrew's face with the popcorn..so priceless:)!
Thanks for the great update! Love you all! MOM
Post a Comment