Sunday, June 17, 2012

Splash Pad and Swim Lessons

I invited a friend to go to the splash pad on Tuesday with me.  We only stayed for an hour and half but it was perfect.  The kids loved the splash pad and eating lunch together on the towels.  I knew that Tyson would have a blast but I under estimated how much Andrew would love it.  I could barely get the kid to eat his lunch because he was crawling so fast to the water.  I did burn my shoulders super bad though.  I was waiting for my friend to arrive and ask her to help me put sunscreen on my back because whenever I try to do it I get hand print sunburns.   Well, she arrived and I forgot to ask her or put anything on me.  SO dumb.  I put it on the kids and they were just fine. 

 DSCN2091_edited-1 DSCN2093 DSCN2094_edited-1 DSCN2095_edited-1

Andrew crawled over to Tyson and the big kid on the other gun started nailing him with water right in the face.  I went in to rescue him and the big kid squirted me in the face.  Seriously?! 

Tyson wrapped up swim lessons on Thursday.  I know I already posted pictures and talked about it but he really did love it.  He learned a ton.  Hopefully we can put the lessons to good use and hit the pool more often then last year. 

Tyson can do the following!

Enter the water by jumping in

Fully submerge and hold breathe

Front and jellyfish float for 5 secs with recovery

Back float for 5 secs with recovery

Glide on front

Glide on back

Combined stroke on front with help

Step into water, move into a front float and roll to a back float

Back float and roll to front

Swim on front, roll to a back float, roll to front and swim on front

His teacher says he has the basics but needs more strengthen and work.  SO proud of our fish!

DSCN2099_edited-1

DSCN2098

Tyson loved the slide.  Some of his classmates were scared but Ty was asking any teacher around to take him down it.  I think he went down at least 5 times.

  DSCN2113_edited-1

Nikki and Jeff!

DSCN2114_edited-1

“Mom, take a picture of me with my thumbs up!”

DSCN2115

Here’s a video of him pushing off the wall to his teacher and then doing his strokes.  I love how tired he gets towards the end.  Pretty cute!

2 comments:

K Murray said...

I would have taken Tyson's gun and gone in and nailed the big kid back or took it away from him and said go get your mom!

Mindy said...

That's incredible what Ty can do!! Wow! Seriously..I can't stand big kids that do that crap.