This weekend was one of the studio’s dance recitals. I worked for 4 hours Friday night and Saturday night. It can be pretty stressful running around remembering to change props, entertain the girls and try to keep them quiet, and help my own class get on the stage and be supportive from the curtain. I love it though. There is so much excitement at recitals. The owner had a little speech with all the girls before the show started and she said, “These are really some of the best years of your life.” I completely agree. Being in a ballet company growing up and dancing on stage and forming friendships that I will NEVER forget really have been some of the best years of my life. My fondest memories are from behind the scenes of shows or being on the stage.
Here are my classes. Both classes are the same level and almost the same exact dance. One class was probably one of the most rewarding and special classes and the other was my most difficult class I have ever taught in my life. It was a learning experience this past season.
The treats I made for my girls. Tyson picked out the ring pops and insisted on me getting them for my “ballet girls” as he calls them. One of the girls started crying at the end of the show when she was packing up her stuff. She couldn’t find her treat and was devastated. There are a lot of girls with the same name so someone must have grabbed it. As sad as it was it made me feel good that she liked the treat and note so much.

0 comments:
Post a Comment