Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gymnastics Day

Tyson had Gymnastic Day at Preschool this afternoon.  I signed up to help volunteer.  Still not exactly sure what possessed me to do that.

Andrew was crawling all over the place and I got to deal with 7 groups of 6-8 kids in a rotation that are 3-5 years old.  Let’s just say I left exhausted.  Andrew was all over the place and trying to eat dirty equipment and I had to show kids how to sit on a tiny ball and bounce on it.

When we were in the car driving home I asked him if he had fun.  He told me no and that he didn’t like it.  He does that whenever it is time for the fun to end.  Give it 30 minutes to an hour, ask again and he’ll tell you the truth.  He told me he loved it soooooo much! You can see it all over his face.

 DSCN1781_edited-1

This was my station.  Can you just picture me on one of those tiny balls trying to bounce on it?  I was proud of Ty though.  He smoked those other kids in the race.  Natural.

DSCN1784 DSCN1786 DSCN1788  DSCN1790 DSCN1792 DSCN1793  DSCN1797

Tyson told me this morning that their next activity day after gymnastics is ballet day. He told me to ask his teachers about it. So I did and they laughed and laughed. :)  I think I may talk about ballet a lot.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

why no pictures of you on the ball?? ;) Is that Melanie in the second to bottom picture?

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun!

The Carlsens said...

Mindy! Yes that's Melanie. Isn't she beautiful?