At the beginning of August we headed to Yellowstone for the Bi-Annual Carlsen Family Reunion. I had never been to Yellowstone so I was really excited about it.
On the way up we stopped in Idaho Falls to see my friend Mindy. It had been about a year and half since I’d seen her last. We met at a local McDonalds and let the kids play and run around. It was so great to catch up. She was really great to meet us because she was actually packing to move the next day! What a sweet heart and I am so glad she is my friend. We clicked instantly in the summer of 2009 while we were in Indiana because our husbands worked doing security systems. I love this girl!
Such a funny hectic picture!
Addy and Tyson. I’d love it if these 2 got married someday. :)
So we got to Yellowstone on Friday around noon and we headed to the Mountain Man Rendezvous and walked around to see what everyone had. We got Tyson a rubber band gun and he loves it. While there a hail storm came in all of the sudden. It hailed for about 8-10 minutes hard and then stopped. It was totally random.
That night we all ate dinner together and then headed to the pool. I was really excited about it because it had a water slide. It really was so fun. Almost everyone went down the slide, even Brian’s mom! I think I went down the slide one too many times because I ended up feeling kind of dizzy after awhile. Here are some pictures!
This is Andrew’s first time “swimming”. This is the best picture I got and it has part of Tyson in it :) I still love it. It has my 3 favorite boys in it!
Brian’s mom!
The next day we spent the entire day in Yellowstone. We did most of the touring stuff with Brian’s parents and his brother Terry and his family! Tyson insisted on wearing this long sleeve shirt. We couldn’t really fight him so I brought a short sleeve shirt for him to change in to but he never wanted to. It was pretty hot at times. He is so silly. While at the first stop someone let him look through binoculars and he was hooked. He looked through them every second he could. You’ll see. Almost every picture he is in he is looking through the binoculars. It was pretty cute!
Tyson with his cousins Riley and Abbie :)
The next few pictures are at Norris Geyser basin.
Me and Andrew with the Steamboat Geyser.
Brian being silly at the Lower Falls.
Grandpa and Ty waiting for Old Faithful to erupt!
On the last day we had a small get together to take some pictures and say our goodbyes.
The Grandsons!
The Grandkids!
Bri’s immediate family! Aaron, Jenny, John, Wilma, Ray, Brian, Wendy and Terry. Missing Dave and Rob and their entire families. They were definitely missed!
On the drive home…
We took the long way home to see The Grand Tetons. At the time I wasn’t very happy because it added on about 4 hours to the trip. I ended up being happy with it once I saw them. They sure are beautiful.
Not that I really would like to remember this part but we were just about to Park City and I looked back at Tyson. I could tell something was wrong and then 3 seconds later he started throwing up. It was way nasty. The carseat and him were covered. We had to pull off an exit and try to get everything cleaned up the best we could. We had to drive the rest of the way home with the windows down. He had been playing with his toys looking in his lap for over an hour. He told me his tummy hurt and I figured that was because he was hungry so I handed him an apple. No, I guess he wasn’t hungry but car sick instead.
I already can’t wait for the next family reunion. I love these reunions :)

2 comments:
You know I would drop anything, anytime to see you! I'm forever grateful we did APX so we could meet, even if everything else about it was horrible:)
You have to love the car sick stuff. Riley kept throwing up on us when he was younger. It took us quite a while before we realized that if he has milk while traveling it will come back up. Not fun while traveling.
Post a Comment