While in Las Vegas Andrew started throwing up after every feeding. I thought maybe I was feeding him too much that I’d had too much caffeinated soda. But when we drove home it was still going on 3 days later. While at Seven Peaks with the family I started to wonder if it was acid reflux. I called the nurse and she recommended taking Andrew in. So on Saturday we left Seven Peaks water park after only being there 2 hours and took Andrew in. I was told it was a virus and that he should be getting better by day 5. So I just kept trying to feed in small amounts every hour or so. Well on Monday evening Andrew started throwing up (this is gross, sorry) green stuff. So I called the Dr. on call and he said to take him to the Emergency room. An added problem was that Brian was stuck in Salt Lake and the buses weren’t running because Sunday was a Utah Holiday (Pionner day). So my awesome brother went and picked him up at his work and then drove him all the way down to the Utah Valley Hospital. Andrew was admitted in. Blood work was done and he was given an IV for fluids. It was a bit of a scare but they said he was doing well keeping hydrated. I guess when they start throwing up green stuff it can get serious at his young age and that’s why the Dr told me to take him to the ER.
Here he is sleeping. He slept a lot and would just want to be held.
Here he is in the ER. He was such a good boy!
So I had to follow up with the Dr. on that coming Thursday and he was for sure on the up swing but still not 100% better. He just had the nastiest virus ever! I am so grateful that no one else in the family got it. I’m not sure how I would have handled it if anyone else got it. I am so grateful my mother was here to help calm me down and to keep an eye on Tyson' while I was so involved with Andrew. Thanks to the friends and family that offered prayers in his behave and to those that watched Tyson for me.
And here is cute picture of Ty, Max and Madi at Seven Peaks! Just to end on a some what happy note!

3 comments:
Oh, poor baby Andrew! Your child being sick is the worst thing ever. I'm glad that your mom was there to help and that he is feeling a little better!
Oh scary! There is nothing scarier than having a very sick baby. I am glad he is okay! I hope he continues to feel better. So glad that he is alright :)
Poor little guy! I hope he gets back to feeling good soon!
Post a Comment