Thursday, August 18, 2011

USS Midway and Coronado Island

So instead of going to the beach like we had originally planned we decided to headed to the USS Midway!  I have to say I wasn’t really excited about it but I felt like there wasn’t much else we could do with our sunburns.  The second I got on that ship and started the tour my attitude completely changed.  I was in complete awe and this was personally one of the highlights of San Diego for me.  I know that Brian really enjoyed it and that Tyson thought it really fun and neat to be on a big ship and see all the “areplanes” :)

DSCN0917 DSCN0920 DSCN0921

DSCN0922 

I guess Tyson and I were misbehavin’!  ;)

DSCN0923

DSCN0926

Inside the airplane!

DSCN0927

DSCN0934

DSCN0940

DSCN0941

This picture with Tyson and the life saver made me think of the ferry ride we took to San Francisco almost 3 years ago.

DSCN0942 DSCN0943_edited-1

When we were headed on our way out I realized that we had missed an entire floor of the ship.  I was really bummed but we were already tired and getting hungry.  I would love to go back there with out the kids to really be able to listen to the tour and see everything.

 

We then took a ferry ride to Coronado Island where we walked around and ate pizza and ice cream.  It was very beautiful, laid back and fun.  I told Brian when we are rich we’ll come back to Coronado Island and stay in that hotel.  People were riding bikes along the island and playing on the sand and water.  Looked really fun.  Tyson enjoyed the ferry ride.  We weren’t expecting it to get chilly later in the evening so we weren’t prepared for that.   It was a really nice way to wrap up San Diego.

On the ferry on the way to Coronado Island.

DSCN0949DSCN0948 Waiting for our pizza!  DSCN0952

On the Island

DSCN0955 DSCN0956

This is what Andrew did on Coronado Island.  He sure enjoyed the breeze and being outside.

DSCN0957

Waiting for the ferry to get to the island.

DSCN0963

On the ferry on the way home

DSCN0964 DSCN0971DSCN0977

1 comments:

:: ashley :: said...

looks like you guys had so much fun! the pics are awesome!