Friday, May 9, 2008

Insurance madness

Well it is almost 11:00 pm and I am still awake.  My son is sleeping in the other room but he should be waking up any second to feed.  I say that but of course he will end up sleeping another hour or two.  I just hate going to bed and being woken up 15 minutes later.  I end up more tired then if I just stay up...

Anyway, the last few hours of my Friday night have been spent organizing medical bills and cleaning out our filing cabinet.  I decided that I needed to get the medical bills organized.  You see I had a very big scare today.  The hospital called me and told me that my insurance is refusing to pay for Tyson's medical bills because he wasn't added to the policy within 30 days.  I was so confused!  I was told by my work that I had to have the baby on insurance within 3o days but that I couldn't add him to my policy.  So I made sure that we got him on Select Health within 30 days.  Anyway, I was so upset and crying that my mother had to do a three way call between me and Regence health care.  I think we have everything worked out now but what a worry!  I HATE medical issues.  They just stress me out.  All I have to say is good thing for mothers!  Happy Mothers Day mom!

After exploring other peoples' blogs I have decided that I really need to be better about taking pictures of Tyson and telling stories about him.  I guess because I am now obsessed with getting a new camera I just don't want to use my crappy one anymore.  Well, I will at least say a few things about my son without a new picture.  I am just too lazy at this point (Give me a break, I had a really stressful day : ) ). 

Tyson is so cute when we give him a bath.  He screams when we put him in the bath and he keeps screaming when I scrub him down.  However, once I start washing his hair he just eats it up.  He LOVES it!  It calms him down right away.  So cute.  Another thing I love is how content he is after he eats.  He has those big beautiful eyes that just search and explore his surroundings.  I also love it when I lay him on the floor after he eats.  He just starts kicking away and throwing his arms about everywhere.  I just think it is so cute and innocent how he has no idea how to control his limbs.  Tyson is getting really strong in his neck.  Today he attacked me while I was burping him on my shoulder.  He lifted his head straight up and then leaned into me and used his face to hit mine.  I know he doesn't know what he is doing but I laughed really really hard.  Tyson keeps making this clicking noise when he eats.  The doctor told me that that is him losing his latch so I was told to un-latch him and try again.  Well sometimes my milk just keeps spraying everywhere and it hits him right in the face.  Today it got on his forehead in his hair and on his nose!   Brian got a little upset with me because I was laughing so hard and Tyson was just screaming!  I wanted to take a picture but Brian wanted me to clean up his face and finish feeding our son.  It was pretty funny though! 

Well it is now 11:10 and my son has woken up to feed.  I better end but later I will write about more things that I love about Tyson!

1 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

How stressful! I hate dealing with insurance!! I'm glad you got it all worked out. And I always thought it was funny when milk would spray everywhere too. I don't know why but it is.