Wednesday, May 14, 2008

5 weeks old!

I can't believe that Tyson is now 5 weeks old!  It is really starting to fly by.  Every day gets easier and easier.  He is really starting to be able to lay down and entertain himself for about 20-30 minutes.  Today though he was calm sitting on my lap or laying on the floor for about an hour and a half!  I was so shocked!  He is so adorable.  The other day I noticed that every time Tyson eats he crosses his cute little ankles.  SO adorable.  Tyson is beginning to make coo and ah noises.  I also think that he is getting close to cracking his first official smile.  I can't remember but I might have already said that...oh well.  Tonight we gave Tyson a bath and this was the first time that he didn't cry during it! 

Today I went to work and let them know that I wasn't coming back.  No one was mad like I thought they would be.  In fact they all said that they expected me to not come back.  I have been worried about how much time I would have to work again but they said I don't have to work at all again!  I will miss everyone that I worked with.  They are all such fun people.  I stayed at work for almost 2 hours and I pretty much laughed almost the whole time.  It really was good.  Everyone also said how much he looks like Brian.  It is true.  We looked at a baby picture of Brian when he was in the hospital and Tyson is seriously a spitting image of Bri.  He might have my nose but we can't really tell yet!

Brian and I will probably try to introduce a bottle within the next few days.  However, I am unsure about how much to feed him.  Since my pediatrician said to only feed him for like 10 minutes when I nurse I am unsure how that translates into ounces for a bottle.  Ida know but maybe Tyson is getting old enough to give me signs when he is done.  Does anyone have any suggestions to how much we should feed Tyson when we give him his first bottle?

Alright well here are some new photos from 4-5 weeks!

IMG_2095 

Tyson is beginning to TOLERATE the swing...

IMG_2099

This is me trying to be artistic or whatever with the camera...

IMG_2121

I think this picture is cool with his arms all blurry.  He never stops waving them around.

IMG_2136

HI!

IMG_2138  IMG_2140

Big yawn!  He is also starting to like the binky!

IMG_2150 

Happy Mother's Day!  His shirt says "I love my mommy!"

IMG_2155   IMG_2159

And finally these two pictures are from today.  I had to dress him up all cute for our visit to Temkin International!  He looked like such a stud!!! 

7 comments:

Murray Family said...

I can't believe he is already 5 weeks old! Holy cow. I swear he's changed so much even since we've last seen him. I've always thought he looks so much like Brian, but in these pictures I see a lot of you.

As I just looked at your blog, I realized I didn't call you back! I'm so sorry, I totally forgot! I'm glad everything with your job worked out great.

And to answer your question, I would say that I think they kind of start to take regular naps around 8 weeks. At least that's how it seemed with my kids. Or maybe that's just when I got more regular about really laying them down for naptime in their crib. Who knows! Anyway, I'd say it was around that time :)

Murray Family said...

By the way, is he smiling in that picture with the binky?! He looks like a happy boy! Mike just said, "Oh my word, he's so big. We need to get together with them!"

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big! Just in two weeks since I left he has changed! About the bottle thing I would think maybe 2 ozs. would be good to start with. Maybe the baby books tell you or hopefully friends will answer. He is totally a stud and I agree with Emily he looks like he is smiling with the binky and if you look at the last picture in the car seat he looks like he has an earing in his ear! LOL Something shiny there.
Love MOM

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Ash! I need to see your sweet little boy. All of the ballet girls need to get together.

brittanyandtravis said...

I would go with your mom on 2 oz. You can always add more if he is still hungry. My girls never took bottles, so I don't know how much they eat. But I'd imagine he would unlatch or start sucking slowly when he was full, just like breastfeeding.
He is adorable!

Linds said...

Wow! He is so big already! Can I stop by and visit next week? With Coleson, I had to start giving him a bottle after about 3 weeks because I was back in school. I had a breast pump that was awesome. That way I knew he was still getting my good milk, but Brian could feed him too. I would pump the amount of time I would normally feed him and for Coleson is was about 8 ounces per meal. If your unsure though, ask your doctor.

Jane Huddleston said...

Ashley, he is so adorable. Such a little boy. I love his spikey hair & alert attitude.