Sunday, October 2, 2016

Programs, sickness and icicles

The day of Tyson’s Christmas Program at school was chaos.  He had to have sunglasses for one of the songs and we barely found a pair before he left for school.  It took a longer than I thought to get the remaining three kids ready and out the door so I didn’t get to shower.  At that point it had been two days of no shower so I felt gross and stressed out.  Then we had to park a ways away and while we were walking to the school Jeffrey slipped in some melted muddy snow and got his pants super wet.  The boys were excited to watch Tyson and were good for the most part there.

2015-12-17 09.38.112015-12-17 09.44.182015-12-17 09.44.192015-12-17 09.45.512015-12-17 09.47.262015-12-17 09.47.32

Andrew (and the other three were with me even though I scheduled the appointment later in the evening so Brian could be home.  Well, he missed his train and couldn’t be home until 7:30pm now) at the doctors office at 6:50pm because he got a fever in the afternoon and I had a feeling he had strep. Yep, it was strep. This is the day before Santa pictures mind you. 

2015-12-17 18.58.23

Tyson came home from school the next day really cranky.  I made him hurry and shower to get dressed for Santa pictures.  My mom was helping me get all the kids showered and ready.  We did the pictures and went to my mom’s house and that’s when Tyson said he didn’t feel well.  He had a fever and said his throat hurt.  Strep, I just knew it since Andy had it the day before.  We rushed to the insta care at the peds office before they closed for the weekend and sure enough he had it.  So much sickness in December.  But wait it doesn’t end…it continues.

When you show a picture of Andrew loving our family Nutcracker, Grandma shows up later that day with a Nutcracker the size of Jeffrey. 

2015-12-16 08.55.532015-12-17 11.40.24

Our icicle lights had icicles!

2015-12-17 16.17.482015-12-17 16.17.532015-12-17 16.18.01 

This Little Sister onesie was a gift from Brandi Moore so I wanted to make sure I got a picture of Hannah wearing it.  Jeffrey wanted to be in all the pictures, then Andrew and then I was convinced to lay down too.  Hannah then turned her head and spit up all over me.  Andy got the picture of it and it still makes me laugh. 

2015-12-18 10.51.082015-12-18 10.52.45-12015-12-18 10.53.512015-12-18 11.00.142015-12-18 11.00.292015-12-18 11.00.522015-12-18 11.01.33

To keep things even more interesting around here Jeffrey developed some sort of allergic reaction days before Christmas.  His lip started to swell very rapidly after breakfast.  I kept making him talk to me, gave him Zyretc because I didn’t have Benedryl on hand and watched his every move while I waited on the phone for 15 minutes to talk with a nurse at the peditrican’s office.  Luckily it didn’t get worse and it didn’t spread but that was a very scary hour.  The Dr. thinks it was a hyper sensitivity since it was localized just at the lip and he has had all the foods I gave him that morning numerous times.  I’m assuming something in the Shakeology. Needless to say he has never had another drop, ever. I’m just so grateful it didn’t turn into a true emergency.  I know allergic reactions can turn really bad very quickly. 

2015-12-21 11.00.112015-12-21 11.01.582015-12-21 11.07.002015-12-21 11.07.06-1

0 comments: